Markku Tauri…, Home Buyer in Newport Beach, CA

HOW NOISY is AREA Vista Grande, Newport Beach CA 92660? (aircrafts)

Asked by Markku Tauriainen, Newport Beach, CA Sun Feb 8, 2009

I am a ex contractor from Finland, Europe. I have been looking starting home from Santa Ana area via Google Earth & Trulia. I found one suitable for me at address Vista Grande, Newport Beach CA 92660
HOW NOISY THIS AREA IS? I saw that there is 4,2 mile distance Wayne International and the runway is to the sea. The asking price is very suitable but I don´t know this area yet. Is houses liveable at this area?

Greetings from Europe
Mr.Markku Tauriainen
makediamond@gmail.com

Answers

6
The area is a youger crowd and you will more than likely have more noise with the parties than the planes..... But the area and the surrounding area are real nice!
Mr. Tauriainen,

It is noisy however I told that to a buyer some years ago and He informed me that they once lived under the flightpath of Chicago O'Hare and this was nothing compared to Chicago...Hope this is of some help!
There are approx 20,000 people happily living within 4 miles of the airport flight pattern, you would not be right under the flight pattern, no problem. I would be more concerened about neighborhood party noise late into the eve. Not sure of the stat's, http://www.nbpd.org/crime/statistics/default.asp
Hello Markku,

Sorry for the delay in answering our question regarding Vista Grande in Newport Beach. While there is some noise it is not too bad as it is not directly in the flight path, also planes make a steep take off so as to minimize thier engine noise. This area is very well priced and is in a great neighborhood.

please let me know if I can be of further assistance

Vel Turney
Surterre Properties
949-246-2812
Hi Mark,

I live in East Bluff and I love it. I don't even notice the airplanes anymore. One thing you also might want to know about East Bluff is that some of the homes for sale you own the land and some of the homes are on land leases be sure to ask your realtor if its a land lease.
Hello Markku, Noise affects everyone differently. Your best course would be to actually drive over to the house and sit there, inside your car, with the windows closed. If the area proves to be too noisy for you, you have your answer, first hand, rather than rely upon some sales person's description. Find a neighborhood you like and can afford, then find an agent who serves that area. I wouldn't pretend to know anything about the area you're asking about.
Web Reference: http://BobPhillips.net