Home Buying in 08234>Question Details

vanma6, Home Buyer in Egg Harbor Township,...


Asked by vanma6, Egg Harbor Township, NJ Sat Mar 16, 2013

I feel like MY property tas is very high. its almost more than my monthly mortgage.

Help the community by answering this question:


Brenda Lee Zabriskie’s answer
The dead line to file a tax return is April 1st. You can hire an appraiser for under $500 to come in and appraise your home for tax appeal purposes and they will help you with your paperwork to file for the appeal. If you know a Real Estate Agent, they can give you a market analysis of homes that have sold between January and October of 2012 and give you an idea of what your home is worth. But then you will have to fill out the paperwork on your own and come up with the values. The fastest and easiest way is to hire an appraiser because then all you have to do is attach the appraisal to the appeal papers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 17, 2013

Contact your local tax department. You need to act fast for this year. deadline usually around March 30th

contact Joe at 973-256-1414 for assistance
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 17, 2013
the information only have a short time to get an application filed. Go to the link below for a general overview of the tax appeal process. Although it mentions Little Egg Harbor, the process is the same in every municipality. Then you contact contact me for the comparable sales information you'll need.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 17, 2013
You could appeal the property tax each year before april first. You go to Atlantic couty offce in Mays Landing. and go to Tax office then pick up the Tax appeal Pkg and the clark will tell what to do. You can appeal the property tax yourself, appraiser, or Attorney.

Truly Yurs,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
Ok, here's the detailed answers you were looking for. This year the City Council of EHT decided that they would restructure the way the assess and tax property. In the past the rates was over 4% with you then being taxed at 57% of the inflated value. Now they think they should tax you at about 2.32% at 100% of the value. It's been a sneaky way for the township to raise taxes while claiming they're lowering taxes. They have held several large scale dispute sessions, one at the community center and I believe also at the library. I don't know the cut off for disputing the value but you must go in armed with sales facts. You need prior sales #'s in hand if you stand a chance. If you email me with your address I can send you back prior sales for the previous year. Go on to my site at http://www.SouthJerseyHomes.com and use the contact button. In some cases I have already listed the prior year's sales but I'm always happy to run specific sheets from the mls.

Steven Schafer, Realtor
Balsley Losco Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
To appeal your taxes your have the paperwork in to your assessor before april 1
This is tax appeal process http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/lpt/ptappeal.pdf

Read above they should help

But hurry!
Otherwise you will need to wait until Nov Dec for the next year 2015
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
You can call the county assessor and ak for a re-assessment on your property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer