Home Buying in 33570>Question Details

L, Other/Just Looking in Tampa, FL


Asked by L, Tampa, FL Sat Apr 18, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


If he/she is a buyers agent, simply say you no longer require their services.
If he/she is your listing agent you need to ask them to withdraw your listing and release you from the contract.
Most reputable reltors will do this
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 18, 2009

Our position is that it's always best to try to resolve your issues.....many times the service and committment will increase beyond your expectations. It's sometimes difficult to be direct and express your concerns but doing so can make the difference.

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 18, 2009
Hello L,
Please review your listing agreement. The standard listing agreement for the Great Tampa Area Realtors has an area for penalty if any for withdrawal from listing agreement. Contact your agent and be up front with your displeasure. Perhaps you can work it out. You may have the right to withdraw without penalty if there is gross negligence with some intervention from the Realtor Association.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 18, 2009
Did you sign a buyer's agreement? If so, what are the terms? If you are selling your home and your are listed with your agent, what steps have you taken? First speak to your agent, then to the office manager and I would contact the local Board of Realtors and the MLS if you are still unhappy. Often, however, things can be worked out by assigning another agent in that office to work with you. If you are truly unhappy and have just cause, there is no reason why you can't move on.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 18, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer