ilovekate, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

HOW CAN I KEEP TRACK OF ALL THE HOMES I SEE?

Asked by ilovekate, Fort Lauderdale, FL Wed Mar 13, 2013

Answers

11
I would have to agree with Marta and say that you should get a print out of each home from your Real Estate Agent and write notes about each home as you see them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
I am so glad to see other Agents exercising good real estate practice.
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013
Best to take a picture of the front door with the number on it, and the areas you liked/disliked.
What also works is making notes on the flyers given to you by your agent.
Nicknames are great to describe different houses - we recently visited a bulldog house with my clients. That one was one loud showing...hard to forget, because of the house pet.

I try to establish the "base" - from the 1st house that my buyers like, then we compare other houses to the front runner.

Don't stress and try to enjoy the process - if you don't remember a house, maybe it was not the one?

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Ha ha.. I hand my clients a clip board as we leave to look at homes. I have a flyer for each home and a number in the upper corner in the order we are seeing them. I ask them to write on the back of each flyer (by folding a page in half upward) 1/ the best thing I like about this home. 2/ the worse thing I dislike about this home. 3/ Something to refresh my memory about the home like 'bird in the kitchen', 'bright red couch' 'gorgeous candelier' and then rate the home 1 to 10 with ten the best.
Dear Kate,

When I am house hunting with a client, I set up daily searches sending pictures from multiple listing and give a multiple listing sheet with pictures of the property, along with tax records and a history. Clients may also use my website and save properties they like.

Once inside a property, the client will know if they like the floor plan and location. They can write notes on the paperwork they have in hand and discuss each property with me.

Susan J. Penn, PA, EWM Realtor
http://www.susanpenn.com
954-557-5993
Try taking your camera phone with you. Snap pictures and label them.

You can also take a note pad with you on viewings, take extensive notes on the homes..

Your agent can also prepare a reprt for you of all the homes you have viewd.

Best Of Luck to you
I suggest you narrow your search down to no more than four homes. Narrowing your search with your preferences and price should help this process. In the long run it will will save you time and less stress. Call me if I can be of further assistance.
Assign them a number from 1 to 10. Where 10 is best and 1 is worst , 5 should be livable but dont move you. Then give each home you see a number. Eventually you will only choose from your 9's and 10's.

However if you have to see more than 15 or 20 homes...dont bother the numbering system...and start questioning why can't you be happy with anything you see. Are you one of those who expects to find the perfect home? Will you be willing to pay asking price or above for that perfect home? Remember you cannot buy champagne with a beer budget...find the best beer and purchase it.
See the 1st house; if it isn't love at first sight, see the 2nd house: you have your MLS printouts (of the houses) right? Now, decide which one out of the 2 houses you like best>>>keep the MLS print out of your choice, get rid of the other print out>>>>repeat:)

Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer". Thank YOU!

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com
one WORD:

FOCUS!!!

ALL three of my fellow Realtors give good advise.

What I do is to give my client the MLS sheets in a note book. I normally show the house I think is the best fit first.

Then as we go along, I make client write down on that sheet what they liked and didn't like about each home, and to tell me about it on way to next home. This helps me as well.

Using the first home as the base line, I make the client to rate the home on a scale of 1 to 10- with 10 being the highest. Thus my number one gets out voted for a reason (s) I know about.

End of the day, we should have a winner.
Hi Kate,

By elimination... THROW AWAY your definite nonos and concentrate on your possibilities .. Give them a score from 1 to 5. Save those for future reference.

Marina Sarabia | Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Profess.
M: 1-954-914-8056 http://FTLauderdaleHomeSearch.com
As a Realtor when I meet with a client per showing I print out an MLS sheet with all the information of that property so my client can keep track of the houses and the details. Ask your agent to give you the same thing and write notes on it. That's my best advice to you.

Marta Rosario