Home Buying in Coral Springs>Question Details

Bella000, Home Buyer in Coral Springs, FL

HOAS on homes in coral springs that are not condos/townhomes... Why do they have them and what do they cover? For example Kensington.

Asked by Bella000, Coral Springs, FL Thu Jul 15, 2010

I've seen some single family homes in the coral springs area zips: 33071,33067 and 33073 that have hoas. Some are 140 and some are 400 plus.400 plus seems a little high for an hoa what would something like that cover for example in the neighborhood called kensington on the green... A little insight to this would be nice please.If someone could site some local neighboorhoods in those three zip codes with hoas, the amounts and what they cover to give us an idea that would be great, thanks

Answers

4
Hi Bella

The previous answers just about covered what you are asking about. One thing was not addressed; however. It would be unusual for this to happen in the Coral springs area for a single family home, but HOA fees have increased in many other areas because of the short sale and foreclosure situation. Those people whose homes have been foreclosed have undoubtedly not paid their HOA dues. That was pretty prevalent in some upscale communities such as Heron Bay in Coral Springs/Parkland. In cases like that, residents still expect amenities, and those that pay end up paying for those that don't.

This has been a very unique market...I'm sure we all hope not to see anything like it again, but it certainly presented some unusual situations that have not been issues before.

I'd love to help you find a home and/or answer any questions that you may have. Please feel free to contact me at

Bette Abrams PA, GRI
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
954-303-5158
betteabrams@aol.com
Hello, Bella. That's a very good question because there is a significant difference between $140 mo.-$400+ mo.. I hope my answer helps you to understand the range. The community called Butler Farms costs $310 yrly. because this community doesn't offer any extras or amenities. Coral Creek's HOA is between $30 mon.-$60 mo. because it also doesn't offer anything. Eagle Trace charges $200 mo. and this community has tennis courts, mgr. on site, golf course and a clubhouse. In Venetian Isles the HOA is $340 mo.-$375 mo. and that includes: cable, 24/7 guard gated and maintenance of the common areas. Basically, the more you pay in HOA dues the more things you get from the community. The lower your HOA dues are the less you get, and in many cases, nothing is offered. I hope that helps to clarify it for you.

I would like to speak to you further about this. Please give me a call at 561-445-8743 and we can discuss this further.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
Web Reference: http://www.buysellboca.com
Hello Bella:

Each homeowner association is different when it comes to what they cover or not cover. Most single family homes HOA fees do not include the homeowner's insurance portion, that's why they are lower than the condo/townhouse's associations. They usually include maintenance of the common areas, security such as gate/guard, pool maintenance, landscaping, lawn (not always), etc.

The home you saw in Kensington Green with $415 HOA is per quarter, not monthly, that's why it sounds high. In any case, that listing is a foreclosure and as a Realtor I always double check with the association for my buyers because the information is not always accurate, being that the owner is no longer living at the property. You don't want to have a surprise later on.

I would love to get some information on what you are looking for so I can send you a list of the homes with your criteria with the HOA fees that are acceptable to you. Remember, there are many homes in those zip codes that don't have association, therefore, no HOA fees.

Please contact me at the number or email below so we can discuss your needs.

I look forward to helping you with your home search.

Ana Tenaglia
Realtor Associate
Keyes Company
Coral Springs/Parkland Office
954-629-1590 cell.
AnaTenaglia@Keyes.com
HOA fees can cover a number of different things. The lower HOA fees basically cover the upkeep for outer grounds of a development, e.g., development entrances and signs. A good example of this is Brookside where the fee is approximately $300 annually. The mid range HOA fees could be a card gated community with a clubhouse and a pool. The higher end HOA fees will have a guard gate, clubhouse, pool, fitness center and more.

Hope this gives you alittle better idea of HOA fees.

Please don't hesitate to contact me at 954-464-6791 or via email to rick.demato@1stchoicefl.com if you have any other questions.

Have a Great Day!