Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Radha Appann…, Home Owner in Valparaiso, IN

HI, We would like to buy a vacation/investment single family home ( new construction preferably) in Naples . Need help! Thanks.

Asked by Radha Appannagari, Valparaiso, IN Tue Apr 10, 2012

Answers

30
Developers are coming into the market with some very attractive products...need to know what your price points are and whether you want to be in an actual single family home or condo. So many choices it is difficult to go over it all at this juncture since many unknown on your side. Remember we are a seaonal location, so if you plan to use the property during season and expect to rent it for the rest of the year...don't. Annual or seasonal rentals are the options. Also when you say new, are you really wanting something less than 5 years old? Not much building during the last 5 years. Call me to discuss and if you want I will send you my quiz sheet which will help you think about how you want to use the property.....Call KathyBC at 800-448-3411
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 12, 2012
Have answered this question twice before, can still help if you call 800-448-3411 ext 601 to discuss specifically what you want to cover both needs....KathyBC
Hi Radha,

Buying your vacation/investment home in Naples now may be prudent, with economic forecasts of increased prices and sales. Some developments have had record sales this year and now only have a few homes to close out. I've worked extensively with new construction developments, in addition to resales.

A new construction single family home can be purchased in Lely Resort, Verona Walk, Marbella Lakes, Firano at Naples, Madison Park, Vineyards, Mediterra, Tiburon, Briarwood, Fiddlers Creek, Sequoa, Black Bear Ridge, Manchester Square, Andalucia, and some others. The best home and community for you depends largely on your lifestyle, your desired location, price range, your goals, and other specific needs. I specialize in finding the right community and the right home for you.

I also handle rentals. Rental amounts differ for each community and depends on amenities offered. Rents are highest in season during Jan to April months. But I do also have offseason renters, as well as annual (furnished and unfurnished).

Before you contact a developer, be aware that you may get a better deal by using an experienced Realtor like myself, with negotiation experience, and especially with prior relationships that have been built in dealing with specific individuals at these sales centers. I can register you with the developer and help you throughout the entire transaction and providing you with contacts and resources as needed (at no cost to you).

Use my knowledge and experience to help find your perfect home in our paradise of Naples. I look forward to working together and adding you to my long list of happy customers.

Best regards
Nancy Jaynes
239-821-3789
NEJaynes@hotmail.com
Hello everyone

I am looking for people who are interesting in investing on Gold bust/ bar its highly profitable investment. Once you have indicated your interest in working with me I shall forward details,
Yours truly,
Chris Mackintosh
Phone 0027730873708
chrismackitosh@hotmail.com
That's not a problem. ...Would it make sense to figure out what type of return your looking for and how many months a year you plan on vacationing at the home?
Hi. I have just agreed a sale on a single home at teh Andalucia development and was frankly amazed at the deal that the builders gave . They have a number of homes still there and as this is the last homes they are keen to release them and move on.

Give me call on 239 682 4319 or e mail me simon@simplythinknaples.com and I will give you more information. Dont try and negotiate with the sales staff as they are fixed on their figures, we can work directly and you still do not pay us as the builders cover our commission.

Other things which are important and would be beneficial to you is that the HOA fees are below $200 / month.

Kind regards and good luck

Simon Brooker
Ansered this question earlier...want to discuss it further call me...KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601
Tip #6: Buying a new or older home

There are pros and cons to buying a new home versus an older, previously owned home.

Custom Homes

New construction homes can be custom made to your exact specifications in paint color, counter tops, bathroom options and various other upgrades down to wiring location specifications tailored to your personal taste. Enter into the building process carefully, however, as all upgrades come at a cost. Find out your choice options beforehand and determine the pricing for upgrades that you request be added. You may be surprised to know that not all upgrades are approved by your lender.

Builder Reputation

In the recent housing bust that Southwest Florida has experienced, many builders left entire developments high and dry. Partially completed developments and shortcut homes were a big problem as builders rushed to finish, sell and then escape from developments. Make sure you choose a reputable builder who has qualified references and concentrates on craftsmanship and care.

The flip side

On the other side of the equation: it is very hard for a builder to duplicate the charm of an older neighborhood. In older communities you traditionally get mature landscapes and homes with unique architecture in prime locations. No matter which you prefer initially – do you research. Older homes were not subject to the strict building codes of today. Safety measures one expects as a standard now may not be included in your 1970’s or 1980’s home.

Taxes, maintenance, accessibility, amenities, landscape, home owners associations and energy efficiency are other factors to consider in buying a new or older home.

Regardless of which you choose – make sure you select an experienced buyer’s agent who has dealt with transactions in both new construction and used homes.

Contact us for advice in buying a new or older home.

12 Tips to Buying Real Estate in Southwest Florida
Learn more by visiting http://www.AckermanSWFL.com or calling (239) 565-7867.
Copyright © 2010. AJ Ackerman & Associates. All Rights Reserved.
Web Reference: http://ackermanswfl.com
Dear Radha: We have good working relationship with many top builders in the area. We also have closeout and reduced price specials. Some homes are reduced quite a bit to make way for new projects for the builder. Call Steve Moller, Realtor 239-687-8008 for more details. http://www.vanderbiltrealtors
Go to New Construction on my website, it will take you directly to all the new construction that is available now! Any questions please feel free to give me a call, I always make time to chat!
Hello Radha, I have been a licensed realtor for almost 30 years a residential developer for 22 years and a Florida certified general contactor for 14 years and I can definately help you with your search for a home either new construction or existing. There are although many questions I have regarding your criteria for this home. I am anxious to discuss to opportunity with you.

Please let me know when would be a good time to talk.

Ben Maltese
John R. Wood Realtors
3255 Tamiami Trail N.
Naples, FL 34103
Direct 239- 659-6191
Cell 239-273-8700
bmaltese@johnrwood.com
New construction has issues that you should carefully consider. Since the last housing crisis many lenders refused to loan on new construction because many developers went bankrupt as their developments did not sell out therefore producing inadequate HOA fees to fund the development. In addition, assuming you are paying cash, as many are now, consider your ROI closer to the beach. There are few new developments close to the beach and the ROI is much lower inland. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
Hello Radha,

I am a Realtor in Down Town Naples. I work for Canada & Associates, which is the real estate side
of Grand Bay Building & Dev. Their Reputation and Quality of homes, is like none other.
We would love to help you. You may call me at 239-285-1277 to talk further of what you are looking
for. My email is dwhitaker58@hotmail.com

We look forward to working with you,

Donna Whitaker
Canada & Associates of Fl.
Hi Radha,
I have someone who would be happy to help you. I live North of Naples in Punta Gorda. would be happy to refer you to someone you would be comfortable working with.
Call me at 941-268-1511 or email gennyr@thomasryan.com
Genevieve Ramachandran
Hello Radha Appannagari,
My name is Alice Miller, Realtor with Amerivest Realty in Naples. I would like the opportunity to help you find the perfect home, builder and community.

Builders are building again down here in SWFLA and I have assisted two clients with the complete purchase of new construction homes both with different scenarios. We will happily ask them to call you as our reference.

The Wagner's, also from IN originally purchased a home in North Naples, Secoya Reserve with Stock Development. We assisted them as their Realtor with deciding on a builder, the community and the specific plans for building. We facilitated the decision on the selection of the lot, assisted with the selections process at the design center and generated progress reports as the home was built. We attended the final walk-thru and attended the closing. The builders promotion at that time allowed for 10% of free upgrades. Each builder has different promotions. We make every effort to learn the promotions and keep in communication with each builder in Naples.

Another client, the Irizarry's moved from NY and purchased a home with GLHomes with us as their Realtor. This situation was different in that they didn't want to wait 6 months for the home to be built, so we toured inventory, spec homes. They choose an inventory home early enough that they still had the opportunity to pick tile, granite and landscape packages. The design process was quickened with the major decisions already being placed like roof tile colors and exterior paint and overall concrete pad and electrical outlet placements.

Builder incentives and promotions are constantly changing. We attend builder's realtor events, clip ads from every Sunday paper and keep communication open with specific sales associates in each community. We welcome the opportunity to assist you with your home purchase in Naples.

We, my mother and I are a team in Naples, FL and live and work year round. I also am originally from Monticello, Indiana and I am a graduate of Purdue University. My brothers moved here in the 80's. We followed and have lived here for over 20 years. Give me a call, 239-961-3393 and we can continue the interview process answering your specific questions.

Alice Miller, Realtor
http://www.MyNaplesRealty.com
Amerivest Realty of Naples
10001 Tamiami Trail North, Naples, FL 34108
500 Fifth Avenue South, Naples, FL 34102
Radha, I, too, have lived in Indiana. However it was in Indianapolis which is not quite so cold as Valparaiso!

I have been a realtor for about 20 years, and 10 of those years were here in Naples. I have sold several new construction single family homes (in different neighborhoods) recently and would enjoy assisting you in your search for the perfect vacation/investment property. I have several questions, just a few of them are: amount of bedrooms preferred; minimum size; pool; golf membership; and very importantly.... what price range is comfortable for you?

Most neighborhoods have a different personality and certainly specific amenities are offered. Monthly maintenance costs vary according to those amenities and to the size (total homes) of the community.
Almost every community has a pool (or two) and some type of clubhouse. Some, however, have tennis courts and/or golf privileges. Also - some offer yard maintenance.

Have you visited Naples or are there any communities you have seen on the internet that you like?

Please take a look at my website: http://www.joycesellsnaples.com where you can search for properties, read current articles and see a few videos of our beautiful beaches, architecture, famous Fifth Avenue, and other
attractions.

A phone call would be best ! Please give me a call at 239-860-1650.
Joyce Etchison
Amerivest Realty
10001 Tamiami Trail N
500 Fifth Avenue S
Naples, Fl
Hello Radha,
There are many new communities in Naples that are offering great incentives and prices for the square foot of living being built! Radha, call your Real Estate agent and visit the different developments and if you are not working with an agent, pick one from this forum.
Vivian M. Ferreira
Dear Radha, Yes, we have a large selection of new homes in the Naples area. Some quite reasonable in price.
Also builder closeouts. Please call 239-963-1262 or email northeastern1@comcast.net for more details.
Steve Moller
http://www.vanderbiltrealtors.com
I have been in Real Estate my whole life. Please let me know how I can help. You can email me at yhernandez18@aol.com or call me at 239-253-2286.
Hi Radha,
As you probably already know Naples is an outstanding place to own a vacation or investment home. For several years new home construction was at a standstill in the area and there were few new homes being built other than custom homes. There is a broad spectrum of homes to choose from and many new construction projects coming out of the ground. I visited a new 2-story home yesterday in a nice community with low HOA fees. The home has 4 bedrooms, high ceilings, 2800 sf, granite countertops, stainless appliances and fifteen minutes to the beach-- all for less than $345,000. There are many other similar possibilities in the area, but it be helpful to know what are your budget considerations before making recommendations. There is a link on my website to view new construction projects in the area. Please take a look, and call me if I can help.

John Fee
(239) 776-0539
There are many options for new construction in the Naples area. We host several developments from the new home sales center in our office located on Fifth Avenue South in Naples. We work with most local developers and buidlers to support our customers. Please follow the link below to see several local communities.

http://www.ken-lowe.com/page/271287/CommunitiesNewDevelopmen…

Please email me your specific desires and budget and I will assist in sending you detailed information on communities that fit your vacation home goals.

Kenneth (Ken) Lowe PA Realtor
239-595-2212
I have the right place at the right price for you. Buying new requires more knowledge than you think.
Call me to discuss further and discovering your needs.
Thanks for the opportunity to serve you!
ASK JACK!
Jack J. Lanners, Realtor
Premiere Plus Realty
239-253-5446
Hi

Radha

I Have some listings i Can Help You This is My Email dfigueroa005@hotmail.com
Hi Radha,

I am an expert in New Constructions as I used to work for Pulte Homes/ Divosta/ Del Webb. As an independent realtor, I have had many successful sales in New Construction and can help you negotiate to get the best deal. Please give me a call to discuss what your looking for, my number is 239-682-2687.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
There are lots of possibilities under that criteria to purchase a home here in the lost paradise of Florida.
Please contact me to discuss the options you may have
Ernesto Velasquez
United Real Estate
239-253-2981
Hi Radha:

I would be glad to assist you in finding a home in Naples. My e-mail address is gerald@gulflinerealty.com.

Gerald J. Lefebvre
Broker
Gulfline Realty LLC
There are many good choices here in Naples. I would first like to help you narrow it down by knowing more about your interest. Feel free to contact me at your convinience.
You can search here as well
http://www.havemysunshine.com
I'm from Chicago and used to go through Valparaiso on the way to our lake cottage in Indiana every summer. You'll love it down here...

There are several new developments in Naples that would work for you. Just give me some details on what you're looking for and I'd be happy to help.

Frank Kupiec
frank@k3re.com
http://www.k3re.com
239-821-2963

Take care.
RADHA,
IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE TO HELP YOU FIND A NEW HOME IN NAPLES. WHAT AREAS DO YOU LIKE IN NAPLES AND WHAT SPECIFIC AMOUNT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPEND?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL THEN BEGIN A SEACH OF PROPERTIES THAT MEET YOU CRITERIA. ALSO ARE THERE ANY AMENITIES SUCH AS GOLF, TENNIS, ETC... THAT YOU WOULD LIKE.
AS SOON AS I GET YOUR INFORMATION I WILL START THE SEARCH.
YOU MAY ALSO USE MY WEBSITE BELOW TO LOOK AT DIFFERENT PROPERTIES AND COMMUNITES BELOW.
LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU SOON.
ALL THE BEST,
LEANN ANDERSON
http://WWW.NAPLESBEACHANDHOMES.COM
LEANNNAPLES@AOL.COM
DIRECT-239-777-1823
There are several new communities in Naples. If you would like to call me I will be happy to assist you in finding the right one for you.

I look forward to speaking with you.
Dorene Pierceall
(239) 331-1124
Dorene@SeeHomesInNaples.com

Search homes at: http://www.SeeHomesInNaples.com