Keith Coleman, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA

HELLO! Does Fannie Mae/Homepath typically negotiate purchase prices after inspections?

Asked by Keith Coleman, Philadelphia, PA Mon Jul 29, 2013

Answers

3
Hi Keith

It could depend on if your offer was contingent on a home inspection. I have recently had a Freddie/Homepath sale for my buyer and they were pretty easy about lowering the price after home inspection.
Keith do you have a Realtor or agent that you are working with if so you need to ask them this question because without all the information all you're going to get is GENERAL answers and when it comes to these type of questions you need your answer NOW if you feel the need please call me at 215-725-5700 X49 or if you need it now call me on my cell phone number below

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
215-725-5700X49 cell 267-934-1971
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
After your offer is accepted, you normally have 10 days to conduct an inspection (at your expense).

Once this takes place, if there is anything wrong with the home you can attempt to renegotiate things with the seller.

You can ask them to make the repairs. This is normally the best course because most lenders wont close your mortgage until these repairs are made. The seller is under no obligation to make these repairs. If they don't agree to make the repairs then you can walk away from the deal and receive your earnest money deposit back.

Hope this helps!