Home Buying in Brigantine>Question Details

Brian A, Home Buyer in Brigantine, NJ

Greenhead Flys - where in Brigantine ?

Asked by Brian A, Brigantine, NJ Thu Aug 19, 2010

I know no realtor will tell the truth, but what is the deal with the greenhead flies and Brigantine ? I "hear" they are more prevalent at the North End of the island ? is that true ?

Answers

4
Matthew Haviland’s answer
I played volleyball in Brigantine on the beach on the south end a few summers ago. Usually there were no green heads at all. One night it was so bad we had to leave the beach because they were ferocious. It depends on the direction of the wind how bad it may be.

Best wishes,

Matt
Web Reference: http://HavilandGroup.net
They wait until July. They are all over the island but mostly the North end. They stay close to the ground level. When we are on our deck on the 2nd floor, you never see them. But walk down the steps outside and watch out. They love the ankles. They are usually gone in about a month.
Thanks that information is helpful. So if we are renting in Mid June around North 13th street, do you think we will have a problem? I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a rental home and then not be able to enjoy the beach the week we are there?
Flag Tue May 7, 2013
Here's the scope on the Greenheads they are there not all the time if there is a land breeze you will get greenheads attacking you like a peice of meat. The are mostly in theNorthend as stated But they can also be in the Southend. Again it depends on the wind.

I have sold many homes in Brigantine over theyears Some clients complain about some do not it kind of like other bitting bugs it all comes down to the wind.

Hope this helps if you need help in Real Estate give me a call

Tim Robbins
800-610-3599
I don't live there, but my sis does. They are on the north end. They aren't always out, it depends on the weather and the winds. There were many, many times I was at her house and there were no greenheads. But when they are out they are on the northend and they could be brutal.