Home Buying in Rye>Question Details

JVH, Home Buyer in Rye, NY

Green Haven schools are in Mamaroneck. I'm concerned about this. Anyone live there and have feedback?

Asked by JVH, Rye, NY Mon Feb 4, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Rye

Answers

10
If you have concerns regarding the schools, it's best to contact the superintendent, and principal with any questions you may have.....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2013
The school district for Greenhaven is a Rye Neck not the Mamaroneck School district.
I have sent my kids to 3 different local schools/districts while living in Greenhaven -- first was the French School in Larchmont, then Rye Neck Schools -- specifically Rye Neck Middle and High Schools and most recently I moved (not happily) and have since put my kids in the Bronxville School system. My kids were the happiest while at the Rye Neck Schools. They loved the teachers, activities, size of the school and most importantly their friends.

The schools are small, class sizes are intimate and the teacher attention to their performance meticulous. The school size also allows for maximum student participation is sports and all other school activities. I would highly recommend the schools in this community and if I could move back, I would in a heartbeat. My kids left the schools a year ago.
The school system for the Greenhaven section of Rye City are the Rye Neck schools located in the Town of Rye and Village of Mamaroneck and physically located on the border of Rye City.

Greenhaven residents would send their children to Daniel Warren, F.E. Bellows and Rye Neck Middle and High School. Rye Neck is a small district K-12 has approx. 1500 students.

Please note that there are 2 school districts in Mamaroneck. Children living in Greehaven do not attend Mamaroneck High School.

Check out Greatschools.org for ratings of all of the districts. You can also contact me for a list
of the latest SAT scores for the high schools.
I can provide you with many websites, which I would be happy to share, but your best bet is to tour the school and speak with fellow residents. As a former teacher, I can assure you that different schools suit different students and different needs. If you have any further questions, or would like to speak to a few of the residents, please do not hesistate to contact me and we can set something up for you :)
Hi, Homes located in the Greenhaven section of Rye City attend the Rye Neck School District. This district is located in the Village of Mamaroneck and Town of Rye. It is a small district with approximately
1400 students. The Rye City School District has approximately 3500 students. Academically, in 2012, SAT scores for both schools were over 1750. If you are interested in the actual average SAT scores
between the 2 schools and other schools In Westchester County, please email me at: http://www.maria.mantis@raveis.com and I will be happy to send you the information. Best, Maria Mantis, William Raveis Real Estate, Rye, NY.
Hi, You can visit http://www.SchoolDigger.com, http://www.GreatSchools.org, and http://www.SchoolMatters.com for in-depth school reports.

Chris

Ever hear of Carly Rose Soneclar, the 13 year old singer sensation who was the runner up on this season's X Factor? She's unbelievalbe and the second child to be chosen from Rye Neck schools, to preform in Les Miserables on Broadway in less than 5 years.

As many know Carly Rose just landed a 5 mill singing contract but what they might not know is that she still lives in, loves and attends Rye Neck Schools . Amist all this I have heard that Carly's friends say she keeps in touch, remains down to earth and is humbled by the experience. This past Saturady she signed countless autographs, including one for my niece who attends Rye Neck as well, as the whole community turned out to cheer her on at a parade orgainzed by the Mayor in her honor.

This is just one example of how the district, town and whole community alike support and take pride in our youth. We work diligently to provide not only academic excellelence but support in sports and the arts as well.

Ok enough about Carly. There are undoubtedly many talented students here and many of my very best friends currently live in and use the Rye Neck schools. Personally I have lived in and had 2 sons attend Mamaroneck, Port Chester and currently Rye City schools. Originally from midtown Manhattan, I grew to love the area when my future in-laws decided to make the move from the city to Larchmont. Soon after that we made the move ourselves. That was 25 years ago (yikes.)

What's important to know about me or any agent you work with is there experience and frame of reference. Before getting my RE Broker's liscense and returning to work full time, well over a decade ago, I volunteered with many of the area schools working to develop, strengthen and enrich the many excellent student programs that already exist in our school community. To say the least, I learned a lot about community but specifically about the similarities, specialities and differences within the school districts themselves.

Quite frankly your questions deserve to be answered honestly and professionally, but to do so we need to speak in private. If you're already working with an experiend real estate agent, I prefer not to interfere. However if not, feel free to call me on my cell @ 914 582 1059 or email me @ donna.scragg@cbmoves.com. I will start by answering your questions about the community and schools and then perhaps I can share the contact information of a few personal references of mine; families who currently have children in the Rye Neck school community and who aren't bothered by sharing their particular "Rye Neck" school experiences with you more candidly.

Warning : While working with me there is not only a good chance you'll become an expert on the community but you're also likely to make new friends.
Web Reference: http://donnascragg.com
Hi: Rye Neck School District is excellent. There are many ways to analyze & compare school districts. Westchester Magazine has a great, customizable, website that compares school districts with each other using many different criteria. I know that neighborhood very well. We have sold houses there & my wife & I grew up near there. I'll be happy to help you analyze your search options. Please call Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty, 914-273-9688. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 90% with no fees.

If you know somebody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
It would probably help if you shared your specific concerns.
its funny how so many people take on a label, including a town school name, as thinking it must be the best. well, I cannot tell you how many people I know or have heard of, that have kids in the rye schools that end up with major alcoholic or drug problems. I will say that the rye neck schools have an incredible mix of people and great kids, its small like a private schools, and the parent involvement has always been huge! Its also been listed on the top 100 schools in usa according to Time magazine….
Flag Fri Jan 3, 2014
If we live in a part of Rye, I would prefer for my children to attend a Rye school, not a Mamaroneck schoool. Also, I'm wondering about parking/activities, etc. If we are in Green Haven, are we considered a Rye resident? Thanks.
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013