Home Buying in Coeur D Alene>Question Details

MarkM, Home Buyer in Coeur D Alene, ID

Good rental market?

Asked by MarkM, Coeur D Alene, ID Fri Nov 2, 2012

Im considering purchase of a property near lake CDA that needs TLC. This property has lake views and is 3BR/3600 SF on an acre lot with 3 car garage. If I go through with purchase, I need to rent the property for 1 year as I am doing it as an exchange. What would a property like this rent for? Would I have a hard time getting a year long tenenat? Would a summer rental furnished be a better way to go?

Answers

2
Our rental market is brisk at this time.

Most of my buyer's obtain a tenant PRIOR to closing on their property, and the day it closes, the tenant can move in!!

One year leases are commonplace here.

Would love to assist with your purchase as well Mark! The actual rent would depend on the specific property.

Summer rental could work, and could net more money in the long run, but if it's imperative you have "some" income, the year lease would be a better option.
Hi Mark, I think a property in the area you described would bring in excess of $1000 a month easily. The rental market in CDA is very strong right now and any investment property would be easy to fill. Give me a call and I would be happy to help in any way I can. Thanks. Scott