Home Buying in Baldwin Park>Question Details

Jules Bohanon, Real Estate Pro in Lakeland, FL

Good neighborhood for retirees in City of Orlando or close-in suburb?

Asked by Jules Bohanon, Lakeland, FL Sun Feb 17, 2013

My family, with young children, is planning to move to Baldwin Park this summer. My parents would like to live near us, but all the 55 communities are distant. My dad plays bridge and my mom teaches art classes (volunteer), so if I can get them involved in some clubs I think they could live anywhere. Suggestions?

Answers

10
As a homeowner here in Baldwin Park I would like to welcome you to the community, your family is going to love it here. While there are a good amount of young families and professionals Baldwin is as equally ideal for older residents. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area but Baldwin is well placed in between Downtown Orlando and Winter Park. Winter Park's population is heavily 55+ and activities for older persons are abundant. Congratulations on this exciting move for you and your family!

Ben Grooten 407.401.1680
Ben.Grooten@BrenParc.com
Hi Jules, I congratulate you on your pending move and I wish you all the very best. You're
going to love it here in Orlando!

As for your parents, the closest adult communities are in Clermont, aka "Gem of the Hills", which is about about 22 miles west of Baldwin Park and a straight drive down on Colonial Drive (50). All of these communities have scheduled on site activities, plus private golf course.

To learn more about Clermont, go to http://www.cityofclermontfl.com/. To learn more about
these communities, or to see some of the homes they have for sale, feel free to call or email me. I would be happy to help you out. Just call or text 407-864-3139; or email me at: sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com. I would love to hear from you.

Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
Orlando, Fl 32819
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 17, 2013
Hi Jules - as Ben mentioned Baldwin Park is an amazing location and because of its live, work, play atmosphere there is something for everyone. Our Residential Owners Association is constantly planning activities for residents of all ages. If you are looking for a specific 55+ community, Winter Park and Downtown Orlando both offer a plethora of options for any budget, still keeping you within a very commutable (bikeride or short drive) distance from your parents. As a Central Florida native, homeowner in Baldwin Park, and former resident of Winter Park, I would be more than happy to put my years of experience to work for you and your parents. Feel free to give Ben or I a call or send us an email if we can be of assistance and we will be more than happy to help!

Bryan Knight - REALTOR ®, SFR ®, AHWD ® / Mortgage Loan Consultant
The Brenparc Team
Greater Orlando Realty USA, Inc.
Approved Mortgage Source
407-756-5517 - Direct
407-951-5129 - Fax
bryan.knight@brenparc.com
http://www.brenparc.com
Try VillageWalk at Lake Nona. It was designed as 55+, but the age restrictions were never put in place. They have a full time activities director and lots of happy retirees living there.
Hello Jules,

Here is a link for you that might help you please go over and if you like any of the communities and would like any assitance I will love to get together to discuss what is the best for your parents http://www.retirenet.com/location/communities/36-florida/53-…

You can reach me at EastOrlandoRealEstateSeach@gmail.com or call me at 407.797.5139

Anabella Tercero Okrassa
Z House Realty Group
CDPE RESS REOS REALTOR
Certified Distressed Property Expert® CDPE
Real Estate Owned Specialist ® REOS
Jules,

Do they want to buy or rent, this is an important question. If so how long? They can also live in Baldwin Park obviously. Thornton Park and downtown has a relaxed vibe, and lots of activities...

Good Luck,

Vincent Warren Paige, Jr.
REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
Certified Broker Price Opinion Registered Agent (BPOR)
8934 Conroy Windermere Road | Orlando, FL 32835
Direct: 407.256.8190 | Fax: 407.264.8073
E-mail: vpaige1@yahoo.com
Hi Jules:

I located this info online about this seniors club that may be an option for your parents. I have the location that would be the closest to Baldwin Park. If after some research you feel that your parents would be better suited to a 55+ community, I recommend two - Victoria Park in Deland and Solivita in Kissimmee. Granted, both are a drive from Baldwin Park but with an abundance of activities for them to enjoy you won't have to worry that they are not enjoying themselves.

FPG Seniors Club is a source of entertainment and information for seniors in the community. With five locations in Central Florida, the Seniors Clubs offers both fun activities and educational events to help keep its members active both mentally and physically.
Stop by to enjoy yourself and while you're here, pick up a monthly calendar of events so that you might be able to plan your next visit.
Ongoing Activities and Amenities
- Bingo
- Cable Television
- Educational Seminars
- Nitendo Wii Gaming
- Dominos
- Dancing
- Fitness Activities
- Refreshments and Snacks
(Activities and amenities vary by center)

5 LOCATIONS OPEN FROM 9AM - 5PM MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY

FPG Seniors Club of Semoran - 407-730-3469
2259 S. Semoran Blvd - Orlando, FL 32822

Carri
Well, Baldwin Park is fantastic so I am sure you will love it there! The community also has plenty of things to do within a short distance so it is possible your parents would love to stay close and live in Baldwin Park too. You can even find homes with garage apartments if you want to keep them really, really close. If they like social events, try Winter Park near downtown. Farmers market on the weekend, shopping, dining, plus maybe your mom could volunteer at Rollins College or a local church. Audubon Park is also nearby and prices there are reasonable, the Leu Gardens would be a great place to volunteer and visit. If they want to go a bit further away, try College Park on the west side of Orlando or Lake Nona and Avalon Park to the East. Also, can't help but mention Celebration. Practically and 'sister town' to Baldwin Park. I lived near my parents in Celebration for over 2 years and we all loved it! Plenty of activities, close to Disney, great 'community feeling'

I hope that helps broaden the search. If you are looking for 55+ only, then of course that is a different story, but there a several in a few of the areas I mentioned. If you would like, I can search more specifically and provide a list according to their criteria.

Best of luck to you on your move and also to your parents.

Danny Barto
GalleonProperties.com
Hi Julie,

Thanks for your question. There are so many places your parents could chose from here in Orlando. With the new Sun Rail coming it will even give Seniors more options. Give me a call and let's discuss.

Maggie DeGennaro
La Rosa Realty
407-922-1384