Home Buying in Santa Clara>Question Details

rps, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Good investment property with a budget of up to 300k.

Asked by rps, Sacramento, CA Fri Dec 28, 2012

I was wondering if experts on this list have any suggestions for areas/neighborhoods in greater bay area for an investment property (= strong rental potential some appreciation) around 300k.

Answers

6
Hello, many condos in milpitas and Fremont, some in San Jose areas are selling around that price range as well, the prices are all in the upward swing right now. Many of my clients choose not to use a property manager for these properties because they are relatively easy to manage. HOA covers all the maintenance and you should definitely buy a home warranty to cover other stuff within the property. I have many investors whom I had helped in this price range as well, but as Michael had stated, the competition is very fierce and strong offer presentation is very important in this process which includes a good realtor who can develop a good relationship with the listing agent and also help you to present the strongest offer for the property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hello rps

One can get fine town homes and condos in Willow Glen, Campbell, Cambrian,
Cupertino.

We just helped a buyer get one in Cambrian with top Union Elementary schools at:

1877 Lakebird DR, San Jose, CA 95124
Condo/Townhouse | 1 beds | 1 baths | 762 sq. ft. | 1,980.sf | 61 days on market | MLS# 81229160

Feel free to get in touch: http://ruthandperry.com/

We also know of a few coming in the new year.

Ruth and Perry
Are you paying cash or will you be financing. If financing how much are you putting down. There are ways to leverage your money and how you purchase will affect your cash flow.

Also, as far as investment, are you looking for long term equity appreciation, monthly cash flow, or diversification of your money? Do you have an idea of what type of tenant you want to attract? As location is going to play a part in your potential tenant.

Purchasing near, hospitals, colleges and Universities is one way to have demand for rental. Our market for rentals and purchases is very strong and as the other agents mentioned competitive.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
RPS...

Come on up to the Sacramento Area and take a tour... You can do a lot here for $300,000.

There are some nice areas up here that will rival any area down there for that kind of money. Great neighborhoods, schools, with all the amenities to make it an easy one to rent and a great investment.

I hope this helps

Make it a great day
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
I specialize in working with local investors and there are several good areas for strong rent. Fremont, Santa Clara and San Jose all have solid neighborhoods in your price range. However, lots of investors, including my clients, are well aware of these neighborhoods so competition is very stiff. Often, we have to go the extra mile to win a deal.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
And also recommendations for good property management companies please..