Woody, Other/Just Looking in Hendersonville, TN

Good home size for a family of six?

Asked by Woody, Hendersonville, TN Thu Jan 17, 2013

I'm just curious, what are some opinions on what a good or decent house size would be for a family of six (3 kids, 3 adults) with a potential for one more added within a couple of years?

I think at least 3,000sqft. would be needed, but due to possible finances, it maybe difficult to afford anything of that size. Personally, if push comes to shove, I definitely can't see anything less than 2,500sqft. The other adults believe 2,000- 2,200sqft. would be manageable.

Answers

1
Hi Woody, The lay out of a home could make a difference when size is considered. What are the ages of the children. What will the rooms be used for, such as entertaining, guests, play room, baby room, study, All of these things have to be considered.
The age of the kids are 7, 8, and 11 (two boys and a girl if that makes a difference). We're not really expecting guest too often, so the rooms would more likely be play or some sort of family entertainment.
Flag Thu Jan 17, 2013