Home Buying in Studio City>Question Details

Ch, Home Buyer in Studio City, CA

Good Home Warranty Company that services Valley Village/Studio City?

Asked by Ch, Studio City, CA Sun Jul 19, 2009

I'm about to purchase a home in the Valley Village/Studio City area. I'm looking for reviews or referrals to a good Home Warranty Company. I've searched the internet and it seems that all the good ones are out of state and don't cover California. Has anyone here had positive results with Home Warranty Companies based on their own Personal Use experience? My agent has recommended a company, but upon doing the online reviews, they seem to be horrible. Thanks in advance.

Answers

3
Good Day,

There are several companies that cover California, and provide good coverage. It is important to get an upgraded policy, as most of the policies offer just basic coverage with many exclusions. For example, if you have a pool and equipment, it needs to be added, with an additional fee, for it to be included. Ditto for roof, some appliances etc.
I recommed carefully reading the policy to learn the inclusions and exclusions. Your agent shoud be a source of guidance to you.
Have your buyers agent make several recommendations.

I instruct all of our buyers review each company place on an excel spread sheet compare apples to apples

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Ch,

This is a good question. There are a number of large national companies that offer this service and normally smaller local companies as well. Check the yellow pages for local company availability and speak with a representative. Find out from them what the benefit is for using a local company as opposed to a larger out of the area concern.