Lena, Home Buyer in Stamford, CT

Good Evening. I am awaiting an ethical complaint hearing. What should I expect. I am assuming the realtor I wrote the complaint about will be present.

Asked by Lena, Stamford, CT Tue Nov 15, 2011

What are some possible outcomes? Who can help me review and clearly understand the articles for the ocde of ehtics and standards of practice?. It is a strong probablity that my case will become stronger if I can understand how my real estate circumstance applies to the articles. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Answers

3
Good Morning Call The Stamford board of realtors 203-327-1433 they will put you in touch with the right person.
I was on the ethics board and a past President .If you would Like you could give me a call to get you started

Phil Caruso
203-912-4563
Lena,

I am truly sorry when I hear of such stories where it appears to you,or a member of the general public that a member of our profession may have failed you. I truly hope you are able to reach a mutally satisfying agreement. I personally think that in most cases, these issues are a result of communication failures, more so than a deliberate attempt to deceive.

Understand that the governing board that will hear your compliant, does not expect you to understand the ethics code, standards of practice or rule of law - that is the duty of the licensed professional and his/her broker. You may want to concern yourself only with outlining true and accurate facts, supported by as much written documentation and recorded notes as possible.

In such unfortunate cases as this, truth, supported by factual data, will most likely win the day.
Hello Lena,
I suggest that you contact a local real estate attorney to assist and counsel you on the complaint hearing. An attorney can best advise you on how your complaint relates to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.

If the agent will be present at the hearing; then he will probably have an attorney present with him.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty