Home Buying in Flinton>Question Details

Ash130, Home Seller in Flinton, PA

Glendale Yearound water and sewage rates for just stand by is going to be 80.00 a month for a camper I use three months a year. Is this legal?

Asked by Ash130, Flinton, PA Sat Jan 21, 2012

Answers

7
Water and sewer rates in Glendale Yearound are currently ( August 2013) $54. / month for both water and sewer combined, unlimited use for campsites not used as permanent residences.
Homesites and campsites used as permanent residences are charged $81. / month.
Wow I was thinking about buying in there but it sounds like to me that the mob has taken it over. But sewer rates monthly are pretty much standard nationwide. But not at 80 bucks a month in the city I live in now that charge is 25 a month and includes garbage. With water 49 bucks total for all services. Then you got membership fees and taxes I am guessing. I agree that services should be provided but at a reasonable charge. POA's or HOA's are a total ripoff I have yet to see one do anything worth while and I would never buy a house that has one involved. To me is violates property owners rights and in many state courts that has been found true. Thanks for posting this info I will look for a house in another city in the area.
I thought it was currently $54 a month for campers and $84 a month for yr round residents UNTIL the Municipality completes the sewage and water plans. Now if you use your Glendale as an address with the U.S. post office, then that constitutes a yr round resident therefore $84 a month.
Bob sold the water to the Municipality. The Municipality is doing alot of work, sewer etc. Everyone will eventually be charged about $100 a month year round plus usage. Call the Municipality to validate this info. Since you are already paying for water, you might want to be concerned if and how much sulfur is in your water. It's only my opinion, but should you be paying for clean water or sulfur water or both?
The place is a plain ripoff I started off at a 168.00 dollars a year poa dues more than doubled in less than 5 years. get out before your broke
There is no distinction between campers and residents. All lots can be lived on year round...hence the term "Yearround". This is why everybody pays the base regardless of usage. Permanent residences will indeed pay more because they use more water. The POA did try and fight this...and lost because the current infrastructure is severely outdated and failing. Maybe this will push out the "$500 campers housing 4 people" and raise property values. They can go to Noel's or Zimmie's. Glendale Yearround (and the local community) will survive and more than likely thrive....after the transition to newer better water and sewerage systems. Property values and standards of living increase with new/updated infrastructure......unless you enjoy smelly water and living in your own poo.
If property values go up, will the property taxes go up?
Thank you.
Flag Mon Dec 24, 2012
First off if your buying a house you must remember that you have a community of three different kind of property owners. You have the Homeowners, Trailer Owners, and the Camper Owners. Sounds like the perfect combination. Your hundred thousand dollar house in the same location as a 500.00 camper housing a family of four. Yes families do live in campers here. If your looking for that weekend getaway heres a rundown of the new dilemma. Information you may want to know before you buy a camper at Glendale Yearound. The water and sewage base rate is going to be $80.00, and this includes stand-by. So if you use your camper once in June the price is still $80.00. Plus as most people dont use their camper in the winter there is still that eighty dollar a month water and sewage fee. This is on top of POA dues and remember the board did nothing to help fight these rediculous rates. This is fact and can be backed up by looking into the rates before you purchase. Well the rates havent gone into effect yet but its a done deal and can be verified by calling the GVMA. This by the way is a base fee if you use the water then you pay the metered rate. So it could go as high in the summer as $100.00. GVMA # 814-687-3005

The Board seen this increase as fair and told the people that voted them in bend over and take it or get out! Beware of this place. THIS IS A MONEY PIT WHERE EVERYONE IS MAKING A FORTUNE OFF OF CHEATING YOU THE PROPERTY OWNER