Nikki, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

Getting ready to seriously start house hunting. Do real estate agents have access to listings I wouldn't. I check the MLS daily

Asked by Nikki, Queens, NY Thu May 19, 2011

I am just trying to figure out the most effective use of time. Would I be the one searching the MLS listing and just calling up a real estate agent with the MLS id numbers and saying "i want to see these houses" or would they be contacting me with information about houses (other than the MLS) that they whink I would like? South Ozone Park is my preferred neighborhood

Answers

10
Hi Nikki:
I work in Queens and can show you any house you see whether it be MLS or a house sign you see. I can also set you up to see multiple houses available without your searching MLS. Houses avaiable and meeting your specifications will come to you via email daily. You can call me to set up appointments to view the homes.
Feel free to call me if you are still in need of a reliable realtor. I also have special program contacts who I work with for first time home buyers.
Carolyn Gear Thompson
516 637-5705
hello if you are interested in buying a house please contact me at 9173704312, my office is located by liberty and lefferts please contact me maybe i can help.
Good answers already.

Let me just add two tips:

First, recognize that it is a partnership--you and your Realtor. While you definitely should have a Realtor set up a search, I'd encourage you to regularly review the MLS as well. It's possible, for instance, that the parameters your Realtor might set up might be a bit narrow. You might spot a property that you'd be interested in that doesn't meet 100% of the requirements you specified to your Realtor. In that case, bring that specific property to the Realtor's attention (so that perhaps you can look at it) and so that the search parameters can be modified if appropriate.

Second, sometimes agents do have access to listings you wouldn't. Our office has a weekly sales meeting. One part of it involves going around the room with agents announcing upcoming listings. For instance: "I'm going to have a listing next week in Colchester Hunt--a really nice 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath house. The kitchen's been redone and it's got a great back yard. We'll be pricing it around $525,000." Now, that house isn't on the market yet, so it's not on the MLS. But one of the other agents at the meeting may have a client looking for a 4 bedroom in the $500,000 price range. Pretty frequently, a buyer's agent will approach the listing agent and say, "I have a client who I think would be interested." So, you might see that house come on the market and then go under contract the same day. The client with agent got a 2-week head start, and snagged the home before most buyers scanning the MLS would have even seen it.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Found an agent and adding jamaica to my search. Thanks!
Niki
If I was you getting agent to do the leg work for you is the best way to go let us earn our money.
Web Reference: http://www.desire2own.com
Hi Nikki
All the answers are basically correct. First I would work with you as a buyers broker/agent. As your agent my responsibility is to you. To find you the best property that suites your needs, negotiate the lowest price for you and do everything necessary to assure a smooth transaction and closing. If you call the listing agents you should be aware that they are legally obligated to represent the interests of the seller. That includes getting the homeowner the highest price.
So you can see that the answer is not as simple as it seems. We will work together to get you a positive result. I will provide you with a free Listing Book account from which you can view all multiple listings, highlight the homes you like, send me notes and I can respond to you as well. In addition to showing you the homes you pick I will have a selection of homes that you may have overlooked but fit your wishlist.
I have worked in Queens and Nassau counties for over 25 years. We need to speak first so that I can interview you about what your wants and needs are. You then need to be pre-approved by lender. Then we can start. My contact information is below.
Allen Bauman
NYS Certified Residential Appraiser
Licensed R.E. Agent
Century21 Yve R.E.
516-791-3846
allen.bauman@gmail.com
Consider working with an agent of your own; he/she can provide you with suitable listings, keep you updated on new to the market, price changes, provide comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, schedule showings, etc. Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Great question Nikki. Your best bet is working with a realtor in developing a relationship so he/she can get a true understanding of what your wants, needs and your dream house wishes are. One way home buyers can capitalize on the buying process is to contract a buyer’s Agent. All agents represent the seller unless you have contracted him/her to work for you. That agent can get you the best deal and negotiate on your behalf. Many buyers are discouraged, feeling that they have to work with only that agent. The question is would you have the sellers attorney representing you the buyer, than why have his real estate agent. A buyer’s agent can also negotiate for you for homes not on MLS, such as for sale by owner and expired listings. One last point, many think that having many agents at one time makes for some sought of savings; the commission is the commission any way you slice it. Please contact me for additional information, my associates and I can help you further in finding that perfect home in Queens. All the best! Bill

William Teague,
Exit Realty solutions
917-803-7019
Hi Nikki,

Teamwork will be the most effective way since agents can miss or overlook some properties. Since
Agents are not in the mind reading field ;-) the more you share about your wants and needs, the better his/her search and recommendation gets.

I would suggest to get pre-approved from a mortgage person so you are familiar with your buying power and affordibilty. After or during that process, you can start a conversation with agents or an agent. Both the mortgage and real estate agent will lead you in the right direction of what you can get in South Ozone area.
You can visit my personal website http://www.TheDeswalGroup.com to find out more about us and call me
if you want us to be part of this important decision. Good Luck, Desi
First of all, I will be happy to provide you with a free service called Listing Book. Listing Book is connected to the MLS. You will receive your own account and set up your own password. You would enter your preferences and everything in that price range will be sent to you as a link in an email. When there is a price change on any of those listings, you would again be notified.

As new listings are posted to MLS that match your search preferences, you will again be notified.

This service does not obligate you to me in any way...you are free to use any Realtor of your choice.

My first advice is to make sure you have a full pre-approval, contingent only on an appraisal and a contract before you even start looking.

At any time, feel free to call me and I will be happy to guide you as how to get started and also to refer you to various mortgage brokers, mortgage broker/bankers and bankers who will be able to guide you with pre-approvals.

Following an appropriate process will make your purchase journey less stressful. I am here to help.

Gail@GailGladstone.com 631-425-6150
Web Reference: http://gailgladstone.com