Lowscore, Renter in Fort Worth, TX

Getting ready to purchase my first home thinking on new build company LGI. Anyone dealt with them or negotiated prices with new builds?

Asked by Lowscore, Fort Worth, TX Fri Jan 20, 2012

Looking for new build 4 bd 2 bath 2500 sqft able to afford payments of 800mo which needs to include mortg,taxes, and fees.

Answers

11
I just spoke to LGI and for the size house you are looking for, you are looking at payments around $1400/mon. They do have some homes in your price range, but would be smaller in size, around 1400 square feet. Give me a call and I would be happy to set up an appointment for you. You can also visit the link here for new construction builds in the Dallas / Fort Worth area: http://www.johnhrisco.hotonhomes.com. Or visit my other site below to search for homes. Give me a call then we can discuss your particular real estate needs.

p.s. the hotonhomes link was not working, so i deleted and reposted.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 20, 2012
I would just like to comment on Brue Lynn's response. I am a sales consultant for Antares Homes. I have been selling new homes for 13 years now. I always have my customers best interest at heart and I am a little concerned that it was stated every new home sales counselor is working against their clients? I am here to listen to what you need in a new home and would never place someone into a home that I know they could not afford. I always make sure my clients have all the info they need to be able to make an informed buying decision and that everything I share with them is true and accurate. It is correct the payment quoted to you on a home of 150,000 is inaccurate. It would be closer to 1300.00 per month total. With that being said, Yes... experienced realtors can help you with a new home purchase also, and they too, will have your best interest at heart. They can help you through the process of finding a home and answer the necessary questions to help you make an informed decision also. I would love for you to visit me at Matador Ranch. Leave your checkbook at home. I would like to share some of my time with you to explain the buying process to you. No pressure. Just a fact gathering session and question and answers. I promise when you leave here, you will definitely be more educated about the buying process. Please call me if you would like to spend some time together to really understand how financing works, first time buyer programs, what types of loans may be available for you, and how much home you truly can afford based on where you need to keep your payment. My number is 817-350-6298 and if you would like to stop by I am located at 2016 Joyner Ranch Rd Ft Worth Texas 76134. Thanks! Monique Tinsley
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 21, 2012
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use a realtor when buying a new home.

The builder's reps are nice and friendly, but they are working against you and not for you.

You really need to take us on the very first visit if at all possible, but sounds like too late in this case. We can sometimes still work it in, we just have to check.

I think the really good builders don't mind if you have a realtor, but I would not trust one that says you don't, unless they recommended you see an attorney.

Normally there is no charge to you as a buyer to have buyer representation.
There are tons and tons of things that can go wrong when buying a new home.
Check out http://tiny.cc/NewHome for just a few of the issues that can and do go wrong.
We can't guarantee that we can solve every one, but we often see builders railroad customers through issues we know just aren't right, like the right to have a professional inspection done.

When you are ready to buy....give us a call.

The link below will show you some of the homes that might work for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 20, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I hear from several they are prejudice with women. One lady took her f-i-l and they did not even look at her when she was asking the questions. A few more said they did not follow through with repairs after the build causing issues out of their budget.
Again Thanks All,
I think I am gonna wait to hear from my Lender before making any decisions. I know I am not comfortable paying over $1000 a month so new construction may not be an option for me . My main needs is having a home with 4+bd 2+bath 2liv & 2 car gar.and atleat 2500sqft I have three boys and they are growing (15 - 3 - 1). After looking online at some of the homes in the area of 76123/76133 it is possible.
Thanks Bruce,
I will be sure to use a realtor before visting any other location. Looking for my first home and will most likely be my last. Looking for that perfect place for 3 boys to grow up in and can call home. So one thing I can say I have the right mind set of not just jumping into anything because I want a HOME. I really want a new home but have my options open. Reason being I am finding listings of homes that fit my criteria and are ranging from 130,000 or less. So I figure if I can find A home for that much in the same zip of 76123 and 76134 then If I decided to sell later for A home I spent 150,000 on brand new it most likely will not be worth that much in the future especially having a previous owner with no upgrades. And although the LGI homes are nice, they are still standard. Meaning no ceiling fans or granite to name a few.
Thanks all for the replys. I did go and visit LGI and they answerd many of the questions that I asked. Although the guy I spoke to stated that the price on the homes were non-negotiable so no need for a realtor, Hmmm.
The house I would be most comfortable living in was a 5bd 21/2bath that was priced at around 150,000 with payments of 860mo (P&I). Of course he stated I would qualify for downpayment and closing cost assistance on top of the 3000-5000 I will have for payment toward the house.
So my next question is, is that true no realtor needed? Has or is there anyone that has negoticated prices with LGI?
Hi Lowscore

Definitely use a Realtor, better visit the site to see if there really are any buildings of 2500 sf.

Have a wonderful weekend, and definitely be prudent.

You dont want to be one of the first investing, as they may not be able to finish the project.

Perry
It seems the HotonHomes link was still having some technical glitch, let's try it again.
Hi Lowscore,

That may be difficult. If you look in my profile under blog you can find my article on buying a new builder home. Definitely use a Realtor as they can use current existing comps to help you negotiate. If you read the article you will get a good idea of what to look out for.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
WOW if you can FIND a home for $800 includes taxes, mortgage, insurance GREAT find for new build.
You must then have allot for a down payment .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com