Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

nathaninsf, Home Buyer in Danville, CA

Gale Ranch in San Ramon or Alamo Creek in Danville? Any thoughts?

Asked by nathaninsf, Danville, CA Sun Mar 31, 2013

I am evaluating between Gale Ranch in San Ramon and Alamo Creek in Danville. Any opinions on which property would be a better purchase to live in for the next 10 years?

Answers

3
Both are the great schools. Personally I like Gale Ranch, Bridges and Windermere communities in San Ramon better because parents don't have to commute for the 12 years schools.
Both are very good neighborhoods - both sell quickly. Schools for both neighborhoods are highly rated. You might want to look at sales trends for both areas - maybe for the past 5 years. The past is no indication of the future, but it might provide you with some insight.

Linda
Danville, in general, has a higher price per square foot than San Ramon and that will probably continue to be the case. East side San Ramon, that is Gale Ranch and Windemere are extremely sought after areas though. The prices here are undoubtedly driven by the high API scores in the Dougherty Valley schools.

Overall, I would expect both of these areas to be good investments over a long period and it would be impossible to predict which one would give the better return. A lot may depend on the individual home, proximity to busy roads, power lines etc.