Home Buying in Milpitas>Question Details

praveenjayar…, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Freeway noise around sundrop circle

Asked by praveenjayaraman, San Jose, CA Mon Dec 10, 2012

Hello -

We are interested in the new community called Sundrop Circle at Milpitas. This is at the intersection of 680 and calaveras. We are concerned about the freeway noise around the community due to the adjacent freeway. Although inside the house we have dual paned windows, I am not sure of how effective they would be, given the proximity to 680.

Can somebody who has seen or knows about the area please comment.

first time buyer

Answers

8
Hi Praveen,

The windows work very well. I live in Milpitas and know the area very well. School district is good. If you need more details and need help in buying your first home, contact me.

Priya Viswa, MS
REALTOR®, Associate Broker
Mobile: (408) 707-8170
Email: pviswa@c21mm.com
Website: http://www.priyaviswa.com
01918424
Hi Praveen,
The window technology we have today is impressive. I had an REO to sell on busy San Tomas Aquino. Standing on the front porch I though "Uh Oh. The bank wants to much for this house, the heavy traffic noise is really loud".

I walked in, shut the door, and it was very quiet. The updated windows and door made all the difference.

Your new construction home should be even more up to date. Still no one can estimate your sensitivity but yourself. I suggest you ask the sales office to turn off the music and sit there during commute hour.

Buyer Tip: When you really like a house go sit in front of it in the evening. Walk the neighborhood. Pretend you are living there already and the folks around are your neighbors.
Robert Randall elementary is an average school. So, you're not paying a premium for the school at Sundrop.

In terms of the home prices, there's not much to say. They must reflect the market demand very well to have sold out so quickly. Indeed, we can infer that Robson underpriced their Sundrop homes to sell as fast as they did. If you're comparing these homes to older homes, you're trading off more land for quality of finishes. To get an older home of comparable size updated to Sundrop's level of finishes, you'd be looking at $1.1-1.2M in Milpitas.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
I am a home buyer at Sundrop and we have moved in for a few weeks. Regarding noise, my home is located on the far side of 680 and Caleveras so I can't really hear noise from freeway. If you intend to buy a unit that is close to Los Coches, then you will hear traffic and construction noise from that street in the morning, but more tolerable than 680 and 237.

Regardless, it is a good community with great floor plans. I have seen price going up with each release.
Hello -

Thank you for the responses. Any other feedback about the community.

What do people think of the home prices, schools Robert Randall elementary,

If you are concerned about whether or not the noise level in the units is acceptable, there is only one recourse:

Go inside the units and listen for yourselves.

Only you can decide whether or not the noise level is acceptable. If it is, buy one. If not, don’t. Don’t worry about what others think – make this decision based on your own preferences. You are the ones who will be living there.

It’s no secret that plenty of other buyers have decided that the levels are OK and have plunked down deposits to buy units. In fact, as stated below, if you wait much longer you will not have a chance to buy in that development: the market is red hot right now and in a market such as this, noise is not the primary issue: getting a home IS.
The tolerance to noise is personal and subjective. What one person will tolerate another will not.

As Tina stated, there are buyers snapping up homes so in today's market it is not a big issues. Keep in mind in a down turn market it may be a bigger issue to buyers.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
I've represented buyers at Sundrop and have spent plenty of time inside. They're actually about to close in the next week. Once inside, the freeway noise is not noticeable with the dual pane windows, particularly those further away.

Since the community has sold very rapidly, there are plenty of buyers who are comfortable with the location and sound isolation.