Home Buying in Eau Claire>Question Details

Mollythemoo, Home Buyer in Eau Claire, WI

Found a house in realtor magazine, emailed realtor, no response -

Asked by Mollythemoo, Eau Claire, WI Wed Aug 25, 2010

MLS not working - it appears the house was on the market for a LONG time with no takers even after 2 price drops ... seems it's no longer on the market but doesn't look like its sold - any suggestions? Is it worth knocking on their door? Or js it time to move on and look for my next dream house?

Answers

8
Molly,

Like some of the others have mentioned. Find an agent that you trust and can enjoy working with. Your agent, can do much of the leg work on the house you mentioned, as well as finding other possible homes that you may have missed and might by your Dream home.

Best of luck with your home search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 25, 2010
Hi Molly -
I wouldn't suggest knocking on the door; however, if you'd like to find out the current status of the property, I can help with that. I realize it's frustrating when you reach out to a realtor for help and you don't get the prompt response you deserve. I can be reached at 715-577-0028 and I'd be happy to look into this for you!
Feel free to give me a call and I can look into the status of the house for you. My number is 715.579.1766.
I suggest starting with a Realtor that responds to you.

I think you'll find that good Realtors are worth their weight in gold.
Web Reference: http://www.golftobeach.com
Hi Moo. Try calling the agent. I've picked up sales after the contract expired before, this agent might do the same, too.

If they don't return your call, then go knock on the door or ask a neighbor what's going on.

GOOD LUCK!

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
Hi Molly:

I would suggest you find yourself a good realtor that can do a little homework on this home for you. TYour realtor can contact the original listing agent along with compiling additional tax and other information on this home. If your realtor cannot get in contact with the original realtor they can contact the homeowner on your behalf but with information that will benefit you. Remember your agent will be working for you and not the seller.

Good Luck

Elizabeth Cianciatto, ABR, e-PRO, CNMS, CNRS
Coldwell Banker Res. Brokerage
Flower Mound, TX
469.441.8371
Molly,

Contact your own Buyer Broker agent that represents you and only you!

Forget contacting the seller's agent that is too busy to help you.

Everyone should be represented by their own agent, never have dual agency done on them!

Web Reference: http://fglick.com
Keep in mind that any local agent(s) can help you, you don't necessarily need to go through the listing agent--contact any realty office(s) and inquire--you can also try mailing a quick note to the address and express your interest in purchasing, try knocking, etc.