Home Buying in Pleasant Hill>Question Details

tcrain, Home Buyer in Pleasant Hill, MO

Foreclosure with a cloudy title, that I was able to close on.

Asked by tcrain, Pleasant Hill, MO Fri Jun 22, 2012

I purchased/closed on a farm, last December 2011. Apparently it went on the courthouse steps, last August, for 2 years back taxes. We just received a certified letter wanting payment on taxes, and multiple other charges from a man that purchased the back taxes. He has received a Certificate of Purchase for the property. What action should be taken? Just pay him off, or should the title company pay? Should I pursue legal action?

Help the community by answering this question:


I cannot vouch for the procedures in Mo.
Here, if you purchased Title Insurance, you would be protected.
Your first stop should be the Title Company with all your paperwork.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 22, 2012
I am going to advise you to contact your title insurance agent. This is definitely a legal issue and policies and procedures vary by state. Do not delay - contact them today. You did buy title insurance, right? If not, you'll need to begin by contacting an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 22, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer