Keesha Mcmil…, Other/Just Looking in

Foreclosure home. Bids were being taken, set to close on 2/5. Contract being prepared, now house has "TEMPOFF" status. What happened? Is it legal?

Asked by Keesha Mcmillan, Thu Jan 24, 2013

My family and I are working with a realtor to buy our first home. We ran across the PERFECT HOUSE. We were told that bids were being taken and the bidding didn't close until 2/5. I looked one day at the MLS listing that my realtor sends me daily and its an "Active" listing and then the next day, it has a status of "TempOff". What could have possibly happened? I can't bare letting it go, but I guess I have to? I'm so upset about it. Even though it was being bid on, we were going to try our hand and felt really good about it. Not that that means much. Please Help! Thanks!

Answers

5
Keesha,

Good luck on the purchase of your first home. I would contact your Realtor so they can get an answer from the listing agent.

The times I have seen TEMPOFF or Temporarily Off the market has been for liability reasons while work is being done on the house. Since the listing has not been Withdrawn or Expired, there is a good chance you will see it back in an Active status shortly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 24, 2013
Thank You! My realtor did speak via email with the listing agent and was given a short answer of basically, its off the market, and won't be back on. Since we found that one and felt so good about it, we haven't seen anything to compare since. I'm almost heart broken. So I shouldn't give up on it?
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
Keesha,

Some times the listing agent move the listing to "Temp off" status because they are receiving to much activity on the home.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 24, 2013
Hello keesha. Homes are moving a little faster these days. I don't know how long it was from the time you saw the home online until the time you viewed it or even if you had the chance to view it but supply is getting low and demand getting higher. That said, your best shot at any " nice" home is making an appointment to view the home within the first 2 days of being on the market. Be diligent. Know what you want. Write a contract same day. I hope you get another shot at it.
Sounds like it may be an auction property, if a pre auction bid was accepted it can be removed from active status while final negotiations are going on. The same thing goes for normal transactions as well. Just speculating of course ,there are other possible reasons for the status change so as stated previously have your Realtor call the listing agent.
Hi Keesha, all is not lost. Temp off the market status could come back into an active status. Please ask your Realtor to speak to the listing agent in order to find out the exact reason the property is off the market and whether or not it is coming back onto the market soon.