Kim, Home Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

Foreclosure Resort at Eagle Mtn question

Asked by Kim, Fort Worth, TX Sun Jun 15, 2008

I'm interested in a home there, new construction 2005, vacant since that time. 4/3/2, under 2,000 sq ft, very small family room. The home is listed now for 117.00 sq/ft. Many foreclsoures in the neighborhood. Like the home, but question the neighborhood with so many foreclosures in all price points. If I proceed what would be a good offer per sq ft? Any info on that community, good or bad, would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Answers

7
Jim Carter’s answer
Kim, I am curious what you did about the home in The Resort. I am a REALTOR and I purchased a foreclosed home in the Resort and moved in the 1st of June. I absolutely love living here. The people are wonderful, the community is well maintained. There are currently 9 new homes under construction and some spec homes being planned.

The foreclosures did lower prices in the community but those have now lessened and prices should begin to climb again. If you want a home in a community you will be proud to live in check it out if you didn't buy last month.
I'm an agent in the area and have sold a few homes in The Resort. The main reason for the forclosures is that when it originally opened was during the height of the housing boom so a lot of builders both expeirienced and inexperienced went in bought several lots and started building homes on them. Then when the bottom fell out of the market they were left holding all those homes that they couldn't sell. Most of them were small builders with not enough reserves to continue to carry them for so long and so now they are getting forclosed on. The neighborhood is fantastic and from what I've seen they are still trying to make good on all the amenities that they had proposed. They are building the canals which is the next phase in the development and all of those lots are already sold. It's going to be fine it's just going to take longer than expected because of the downturn in the market. If you are truly interested in the neighborhood, it is the best time to buy right now because of the struggles of the builders. You just have to be prepared to be patient with the growth of the subdivision. If you have any questions, please email me at Brian.Hardin@Century21.com
We are also looking out at The Resort. Can anyone who lives there and happens to drive into North Richland Hills or Hust 820/183 area give me a realistic rush hour drive time? How brutal is it? I know its 20-30 minutes as we've driven it several times in regular traffic, no back-ups. Need to know morning rush-hour to get to North Richland Hills by 7:30. And if anyone knows, leaving at 3:30 from NRH to head to The Resort.

Thanks!
Hi Kim,

I do know the Resort area on Eagle Mountain Lake, if you still need a realtor to help you take a look at that home that you are inquiring about please call me. I have sold several homes out there myself very good area for resale in the future. A few builders have gone under out there but it's happening just abou. The neighborhood is fantastic and from what I've seen they are still trying to make good on all the amenities that they had proposed. They are building the canals which is the next phase in the development and all of those lots are already sold. It's going to be fine it's just going to take longer than expected becaut everywhere right now. The market will turn around and I agree with Brian Hardin that you just have to be patient its going to take a little longer for The Resort to be finished out. If you are truly interested in the neighborhood, it is the best time to buy right now, its a buyers market. Yes, probably around 105 -110 per sq. ft. but it would depend on what features it has waterfront, waterview, backs up to the golf course all of those would be factors. So please give me a call if you have not found a realtor on helping you find the home that you are looking for.
Benita Gavrel
Century 21 Judge Fite Co.
817-800-5057
Hi Kim. I TOO live and work in that area. I am in Wise County, in fact. I also would need just a little more information on the exact neighborhood (address) to do some research for you and give you an "intelligent" answer for the best offer. I would ALSO like to find out about the builder and see what is going on there. Any offer you make, if accepted, may have you buying a new construction without the benefit of any warranties or guarantees. Give me a call or send me an email to katlyn57@juno.com. I'd love to talk to you.
Thanks.....Kathy F.
In order to place an offer on the property more details needs to be involved. Never purchase a home from a builder, seller, listing agent UNLESS you have your own real estate agent who represents you.

There are many tips and tricks on placing an offer on all foreclosures procedures must be followed
I live and work up there so I can help you with the questions you have, however I will need more info on the neighbor hood and exactly where it is. Call me at (817)201-6792 or email if you prefer to allison.castilleja@cbdfw.com.