Home Buying in Hillsborough>Question Details

Kimberly Mar…, Both Buyer and Seller in Hillsborough, NJ

For agents who are thoroughly familiar with the Hillsborough, NJ community, what areas/subdivisions have good reputations for being desirable,

Asked by Kimberly Marshall, Hillsborough, NJ Sun Jul 25, 2010

retaining home resale value, etc?

Answers

3
Kimberly Marshall’s answer
I'm new to this, so I hope I'm doing it right. @ Johanna - We are looking to sell our condo and upgrade to a single family home with some room to grow/accomodate family needs, pref 4 BR or 3 BR if there is a finished or finishable basement. Older homes are fine and homes needing a modicum of updating are OK - nothing excessive. We are flexible. To reference Ian, I am well aware of the Country Classics mystique but can't afford it. I think the Woods Rd School area, possibly Banor Park, or that part off of Amwell leading to Franklin (Millstone?) is more our speed. I work in Montgomery and one of my students proudly told me she was dating a Hillsborough guy & he lived in Country Classics! Quite the catch, lol.

Seriously, we are prequalified buyers with excellent credit and we need the help of an agent who is knowledgeable and experienced with selling condos. So we appreciate all opinions and we're looking for that special agent!
Kimberly, need to know more about your intentions before answering this. Question back: are you looking to upgrade to a larger townhouse, or single family home? Are you considering older homes or newer, or both? I'd be able to give you a better answer with those perameters in mind. Get all the opinions you can in this forum, and please feel welcome to call me personally if you'd like some individual feedback.

Best of luck!
Well, there are easily 2 dozen different subdivisions and communities within Hillsborough, which overall is a pretty desirable town. Trying to keep opinions out of it and looking strictly at data...The average days on market is only 70 days which is pretty good. Somerset County is the second wealthiest county in NJ and top 5 Nationwide which means not only good press but high desirability as well. Without question, the most desirable of the areas is Country Classics. That section sold the most homes within the past year by double almost any other section. Homes there are in the 500's to 700's. They also sell relatively quickly, many faster than average. Hillsborough Chase is popular on the high end. Some others that sell well are: Woodfield Estates, Rohill Estates, and Crestmont Hills. Hope that helps.