Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

mailagainoops, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

For a foreignor to buy a property,could I have some loans from the us bank

Asked by mailagainoops, Miami, FL Sat Aug 18, 2012

I am foreigner n consider if I can buy a house in stats could I borrow some money from the bank n how much should I pay for the first time?30% of the house?

Help the community by answering this question:


marc jablon’s answer
If you are planning to buy a home in Miami as a foreign national, you may be able to obtain a loan from a U.S> bank. There are several banks with specific loan programs for foreign nationals. You may want to speak to a mortgage broker who can check your credit and advise you on how high or low your downpayment needs to be.

While you can get help with finding a home from your Miami real estate agent, you will want to give that agent some help by discussing several items, for example: what kind of home you want (condo, townhouse, single family), number of beds and baths, city or cities in which you'd like to live, and price range.

Your first step is to call a mortgage broker who is experienced in working with foreign nationals: see this site: prestonware.com for mortgage information.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
with 25% to 30% down and a pre-qualification letter ...start making offers on homes!

BUT DO NOT CONTACT A REALTOR until you contact me first!

See loan programs here: http://www.pro-option.com

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012



1. First, contact any realtor you think you like and listen to what all they say they will do for you. Then ask them to refer you to their “Preferred” or “In-House” Lender. Listen to what they can offer, let them explain their best purchase strategy and ask for their loan quote on an estimated sales price and on a TBD (To Be Determined) property.

2. Then, contact me and I’ll present my best purchase strategy, show you what me and my realtor partners can do for you, so you can then compare which team offers the best purchase strategy and best overall deal.

Consumers are shocked at the difference they find with such little effort!

What I can do:


What my Realtor partners can do:


Call me, I actually answer and return phone calls.

Steve McRory

Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida



Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
I have the Top Mortgage Broker that deals specifically with Foreigners. After talking to him i'll personally find you the home you desire. Please contact me directly for a quick and easy experience.

Michael Deluca T.
305 487 2616
Beachfront Realty Inc
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Best case would be up to 80% cltv (20% down) in S Florida

What price range?


0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 24, 2012
I would check with FirstBank Florida or HelmBank for foreign nationals.

I work with alot of foreign nationals that buy in Miami and Broward.

If there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Pablo Torres
AF Realty, LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012

I have 2 Lenders I use for my Foreign Nationals. What is your price range?

Please feel free to contact me, if I may be of any service to you.

Best Regards,
Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
NMLS# 299 244

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
TD Bank and HSBC are both good uptions for foreign investors, with programs as low as 25% down.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
Right now some bank give loan with 20% downpayment. If you need help, more than glad to provide it to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
Yes, foreign buyers in the United States have the option of taking out a loan to make a real estate purchase.

Although financing is available, every bank has its own regulations. For instance TOTALBANK requires 50% down payment, versus HSBC 40% and you may be required to show one-years worth of liquidity reserves. You may also be required to present a minimum of 3-month bank statement. Depending on the bank a sign up a disclosure agreement will be required.

A Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Company may offer financial protection or indirect asset protection, especially in cases of bankruptcy, lawsuits and taxes. Foreign investors are generally taxed on the property as if they hold the property in direct interest.

Ideally, you should secure the services of a real estate accountant to help you out with the tax ramifications, but it would help if you, at least, know the basics before you actually talk to an accountant. We have worked with various real estate accountants and can introduce you to one if necessary.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
Yes you are able too . However , you first need to speak to a Mortgage Broker to get a pre-approval letter . Second you need to contact :

Michael Deluca
305 487 2616
Beachfront Realty Inc
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
Yes absolutely you could and a good way to go is to create an corporation in the US to buy your property under.
Also there is no agent commission to pay, only the seller pays a commission.

Let me know if you would like me to send you properties for you to view.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sophie Bamps
Engel & Voelkers
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer