moziview, Home Seller in Fairfax, VA

For Sale By Owner - Can a realtor just do the contract part? If so, how much is that?

Asked by moziview, Fairfax, VA Mon May 6, 2013

We are getting ready to sell our four bedroom townhome in Vienna "as is". It's in good shape, just needs some updating and cosmetic work. Structurally it's very attractive and sound. We haven't even put it on the market yet and have had people approaching us (knocking on our door) to ask us if we are selling. We've had a few numbers thrown around. My husband wants to do a for sale by owner transaction to save us the realtor commission. I'd like to have a realtor do the contract part. We don't need advertising or listing as they are literally "knocking down our door". Do any of you have a la carte services like that? Thanks.

Answers

14
Please give us a call to discuss.
Sharon Zareski
7035687868
zteam@phonezteam.com
http://www.yourzareskiteam.com
Yes I can consult on a sale and assist with the contract. Give me a call to discuss
Ron Fowler
Realty Direct
703-598-0511
ronfowler@mris.com
Yes I am a ACRE-Accredited Consultant in Real Estate and have done exactly what you are asking. There is a flat fee and an hourly charge for additional services. Feel free to drop me an email if you want to discuss in more detail.

Cindy Jones
Broker/Owner
CJ Realty Group
Licensed in VA
703-249-9763
cindy@cjrealtygroup.com
The "paperwork" is just a small portion of the things we do for a Client:
The list is as long as your arm.
You should ask what all we do.
Dear FSBO:

What a great time to sell your house!! I have assisted clients in the past who wanted to sell their house as a FSBO but trusted my expertise and saved a lot of time, hassle and stress and walked away happy with the NET they actually wanted to get.
With FSBO: I come and preview your property and only if I can assure you that I can sell it for a price where you will NET what you think you'll get as a FSBO we go further if not there is simply no obligation. That way you can save paying someone an upfront fee where you don't even know that your house will actually go to closing or not. I can also provide contact information for my past clients where I have helped them with the same situation you are in right now. My goal would be saving you a lot of money and get your house SOLD in a timely manner.
Thank you for your questions and I truly look forward to hearing from you soon!!

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB - PWAR 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.
As mentioned by one of my colleagues, by hiring a Realtor you will net more money than selling it on your own. I would love to discuss this with you. Please call me at 703-307-3449.

John Ginty
Keller Williams Capital Properties
If you don't have a real estate representing you I think you should consult with an attorney to handle this.
Even if you have people interested and ready buyers, the main function for the agent is to negotiate the deal and believe it or not you will NET more with an agent after paying the full commission than without an agent without paying commission. The buyer has representation by a trained agent why you don't get representation. Having people interested as you say, then very likely with an agent and some exposure and marketing you will receive multiple offers where the agent function will be to negotiate the highest and best offer and also to work with the appraiser to justify the higher offer (this is very important) and getting the deal to closing is not a given, many deals fail to close at the last minute for one reason or another and 80% of the sale by owners they end up hiring an agent after they try it on their own and don't get satisfactory offers or they had offer but fail to close.
I really recommend getting and agent to do the whole deal and that will net you more money. That being said we at NVRE can represent you and also if you chose to hire us for limited services we can do that as well. Please give us a shot at it and experience an outstanding service from our team.

Phone: (703)628-9343
email: alkurd@nvre.net
website: http://www.nvreRealty.com
Because we don't want to shell out over $20k for something that a lawyer could do for less than a thousand.
Flag Mon May 6, 2013
Why not simply consider hiring an attorney....
That seems to be the general consensus. Any references for real estate attorneys in Northern VA?
Flag Mon May 6, 2013
Commissions are negotiable. You can negotiate that 3% to 2.5% or 2% plus $995. listing agent fee.
Glen Baird 703-691-7878 Feel free to call me.
The buyer has an agent and he wants to charge us 5% to close the deal. We think he should get 3% because he is the buyer's agent, not ours.
While we cannot tell you what to accept, all commissions are negotiable.
Flag Mon May 6, 2013
You should actually use an attorney to do this. If the agent is not an integral part of the transaction - ie listing the property or bringing the buyer, they cannot conduct legal services such as writing a contract for a fee.
Yes we do provide a la carte services, please give me a call to discuss :)
Jennifer & Carlos Rivera
Realtors & Veterans; Licensed in Virginia
Move4Free Realty LLC
Multi-Million Dollar Club Member, Top Producer
http://www.Quanticorealtygroup.com
Cellular: (571)208-2349
If you already have a buyer we will get you to closing for $995.00
VirginiaMLS.com Realty
703-691-7878
Web Reference: http://www.virginiamls.com