Home Buying in 11520>Question Details

Lka, Home Buyer in 11520

For Freeport house buyer. Previous school tax(10-11)year was overpriced. How can I challenge assessment for Final Tax Roll status?

Asked by Lka, 11520 Wed Jan 5, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


I would hire a tax grievance company to challenge the taxes. As a matter of fact, I have done this in the past, on my own property. The know the deadlines and file all the necessary paperwork for you. If you are declined or offered a very small reduction, as most people are in the first round, they go to small claims court for you. Most of them charge 50% of your first year's savings, which is well worth it. They are generally successful in reducing the taxes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 23, 2011
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 5, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer