Home Buying in Hillsborough>Question Details

subbaraoka, Home Buyer in Montville, NJ

Flooding in Hilsborough area.

Asked by subbaraoka, Montville, NJ Mon Mar 18, 2013

Does it flood in hilsborough area ? I am contemplating buying in country classics community of Hilsborough . Should i be concerned.
Please advise.

Answers

3
Country Classics at Hillsborough and Country Classics at Belle Mead (also Hillsborough) is not in a flood area. There is no requirement for flood insurance. We also use a basement waterproofing system with guarantee that is installed during construction and paid for by the builder. Thanks, Jackie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
Dear subbaraoka,

You may wish to insert the property address at: http:// floodsmart.gov to learn whatever risk there there might be. You can also call toll free: 1-888-379-9531

I hope that you find the site to be helpful.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
Homes in Country Classics typically do not flood nor is the development in a flood zone. I say that from this standpoint....any home that is not in a flood zone can get water seepage or flooding and that can happen to homes that have NEVER flooded before. In the development where I live.There was a section up the street from me that never got water but when we had the earthquake a year of two ago, several homes flooded during storms because the ground shifted enough to create fissures that allowed water seepage. As the other realtor said, the new homes being built come with a basement waterproofing system through the builder.

That said, Country Classics is a safe bet. Contact me if you'd like anymore information regarding flood areas or other developments in Hillsborough.