Home Buying in Hanover>Question Details

Daria Curry-…, Home Buyer in Hanover, PA

First time home buyers need advice.

Asked by Daria Curry-gouker, Hanover, PA Tue Sep 24, 2013

My fiance and I are looking to buy our first house in the Hanover area. I was told by my mother that there were programs out there that can help first time buyers with the down payment and closing costs, and there were even programs that waive them too. We're also looking for someone who can possibly guide us through this process of finding a house and all that goes along with that.
Thank you :)

Answers

7
Hey Daria did you find a buyers agent? I hope some of the good advice given here to your answer was helpful. If you are still looking for a buyer agent I am happy to help! Thank you.
First off, you would need to speak with a lender to apply for a loan and prequalify. When applying for a loan, lenders like myself will need to look at several different things if you are trying to prequalify for a loan. 1) Proof of income for each person that will be on the mortgage which can be demonstrated through: one month of pay stubs, previous year's W-2 forms and tax returns, official documentation to demonstrate other forms of income (alimony, child support, etc.), and two year's tax returns if self-employed (all schedules, all pages) 2) Credit Report which they will pull 3) Employment History or Business Tax Returns if you're Self Employed 4) Personal assets such as: Recent balances and statements for bank accounts, most recent account statement demonstrating market value of any investments (stocks, bonds or certificates of deposit), documentation showing interest in retirement funds, face amount and cash value of life insurance policies, value of significant pieces of personal property, debt information, the balances and account numbers of your current loans and debts, including car loans, credit card balances and any other loans you may have. These are just a few things you should have ready when you begin your buying process. If you have any other questions or need a loan please contact me through the information on my profile page. I hope this helps and good luck! Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
There are !
There is what is known as YHAP here is the link..... http://www.yorkcpc.org/YHAP.htm
Also there is a loan based off of your debt to income called USDA that is 100% financing on the home. There is still other fees like closing costs and inspections, deposits and insurance . So one has to be prepared to plan when the funds would be needed for each of these items. Also with USDA you can ask the Seller to pay up to 6% closing costs. They may or they may not. Or they may split the difference. But one other way to get them paid is to put them into the loan. Lets say your approved to purchase a home up to $125,000. You find one for $115,000. You now have room to finance them in. As long as the bank appraises the house for the total amount your financing your gold!

There are other loans and programs and so much to think and talk about .If there is a good time to sit down together and go over all the fees and programs please let me know. I work with lots of first time buyers and can help you make your home buying easy!
Sharon Harris Realtor
Coldwell Banker Select Professionals
Hanover and York
717 632 0451 office 717 465 0661 cell
movewithsharon@gmail.com
Hi Daria,
I am a realtor who lives and works in Hanover, PA. and have helped many first time homebuyers get into their new home for little or no money out of pocket.
Feel free to contact me at any time to discuss. My phone is always on and I always answer it! Jeff Chiaverini- 443-538-6518
Daria,

USDA has a great program and many homes qualify. I would be happy to review them with you nd find you a home. No charge of course

443-797-2732
Hi Daria,

My name is Holly and I am a Realtor in Hanover, PA. I would love to talk with you about the options that are available to you and help you explore the great properties available in our community! You can reach me at holly.liska@gmail.com or 717-521-4331. I look forward to talking with you!
Start with a referral (from friends, family, colleague, etc) for a reputable mortgage professional and real estate agent. They will guide you accordingly and explain all options.

Chris