Home Buying in Columbus>Question Details

Savannah Ward, Home Buyer in Athens, OH

First-time home buyers need advice?!

Asked by Savannah Ward, Athens, OH Sat Mar 16, 2013

My husband and I have two children and are currently renting an apartment. We are interested in buying a home in the next year to two years. However neither of us have any real "credit". We have rented for one year, and have always paid bills on time, nothing in collection or anything at all. just 0 credit. How would we go about getting a home? and how would we even build credit? We do NOT want to buy a credit card at all. We'd like to be able to buy a home around 100k or less in Galloway / Columbus Area.

Answers

3
The most important thing first-time homeowners can do for themselves is to get educated about the home buying process and what's needed. This way, they can be better prepared to make the best choices, and to know where and how to go about getting the assistance and education needed. Please give me a call for more information. Thanks. Inez Williams, Realtor, Keller Williams Greater Columbus. 614.580.6681 or contact me at inezwilliams1@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
You should talk to a couple of lenders - people who will actually process your loan application - and see what they have to say.

Hi. Im Emilio (646-247-4313)
First time buyers need certainly some advice. There is a lot of aspects in simple transaction. Starting with the process they will go through since they sign the contract until the closing date.