Home Buying in Old Bridge>Question Details

Mattlieberman, Home Buyer in ,

First time home buyer starting a search in Old Bridge / Monroe area - Budget in the low to mid 500's

Asked by Mattlieberman, , Sat Mar 16, 2013

My wife & I are thinking about moving from NYC to Old Bridge. We have one little boy and intend on having another in the next 1-2 years. Came across Redshaw Village which looked great. They anticipate move in dates in early 2014 which will be perfect for us as we are currently in our lease until Feb 2014. They also offer large lot sizes up to an acre which is ideal to us and bearable anticipated taxes at 10-13k. I have done further HW and read quite a few horror stories about Ryan Homes - Does anyone have any feedback about them? they seemed to be priced cheaper than another new construction development in Old bridge by Hallmark Homes

Answers

3

I recently made the same move myself (from Hoboken) and also have a little boy! My husband commutes to NYC so we chose a development right off of RT 9. I love the area.

There is a new development by Lennar opening up in OB priced in the mid 400s. Definitely contact me if you want more info and visit my blog at realestatemomi.com

Good luck with your home search!

Jen Gralitzer
Hi Matte, I'm familair with both builders and they are both reputable well known buiders in NJ. I think with any new construction there will always be a percentage that will find fault with something. Most new homes do come with a 10 year builders warranty & you are entitled to request a home inspection before closing even though it is new construction. You can find out more about their reputation and building history of both by checking out their websites.
If you need assistance finding a home in this area please feel free to call me. I have been selling homes here for years.

Joan Congilose
RE/MAX Central
(732) 972-1000 x 364
(732) 232-5277
Hi Joan,
I am trying to find new home community in old bridge area, few months back i have seen redshaw village community advertisement on internet but now not able to find that community in any advertisement or not even on Ryan Homes website. Any chance do you know if this community will build in near future?
Flag Fri Aug 30, 2013
This is almost the same exact scenario as one of my wife's relatives. She ended up buying an existing home in Monroe. Taxes up there are just as high as we have here in Nassau & Suffolk County. Have you been pre-approved yet? Consider a lender in the NYC area so that you're able to meet a Loan Officer face-to-face.

My company is a NYC based bank. I'm always available to meet in person and go over your mortgage options. Even if you're looking to do something 12 or so months from now, it's probably wise to make sure everything is in order as far financing. Also, if you're purchasing a new construction, you might want to look into the possibility of locking your rate now (because they're much lower than what they'll be a year from now) that cover you all they way to the move in date. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648