Ariana Carva…, Home Buyer in Hollywood, FL

First time home buyer.... need some advice...

Asked by Ariana Carvajal, Hollywood, FL Wed May 8, 2013

I am a first time home buyer. I have no idea where to start.... What's my first step?

Answers

12
Amy Ortiz’s answer
HI Adriana, Its Amy Ortiz,
The best is to make sure your qualified for a mortgage, or if your paying cash,
make sure you show proof of funds. Also I have homes in the area that i think that could suit
you, as I think I sent you some other one?

I can certainly guide you in the right direction.

Call me at 954-512-9295 I did try to reach you, I am an expert in the area.

Amy Ortiz
-Figuring out what you want. i.e. number of bedrooms bathrooms, location..etc..
-What can you afford?
-Visit a loan officer.
-Do the math.
-Additional costs.
-Starting the house hunt

Michael Auguste

Real Living First Service Realty
REALTOR Associate
(954)604-2948
3319 Sheridan Street
Hollywood, FL 33021
http://www.RealLiving.com/Michael.Auguste
My name is nancy Herazo
From Coldwell banker , 1st step is to get a pre aproved letter , I have a Morgatge advisor that can help you .
Give a call 954-5589617 or email me
Nancyherazo5@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
I would really start by talking to a mortgage broker, shop for rates (you can check as many banks and credit unions as you want for 30 days without harming your credit score) and then work with a realtor who could give you real market information and access to the active homes for sale.
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

There is a book on Amaon called a"Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best few bucks you've ever spent. Follow the link below.
Nancy from Coldwell banker
Phone 954-5589617
Good evening Ariana,
My name is nancy Herazo de Coldwell banker,
I can help to find the condo ir house of your dreams.
There is a some new projects in this area.
I speak Spanish .
Call me at any time
I hope to hear from you soon
Nancy
Good evening Ariana,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
I want to first discuss the type of property you want, price range, location, size, chas versus financing, etc. Then i can email a list of properties based on your criteria. Contact me so I can explain the whole purchasing process from start to finish. I love working with first time buyers.

Paul Heller
Prudential Florida Realty
19056 N.E. 29th Avenue
Aventura, FL 33180
954-559-6411 cell
305-749-1583 work
305-932-6355 fax
PaulHeller@Bellsouth.net
TRC, CSMS, E-Certified,REO Specialist
If you are looking to buy or sell property, go to my website at http://www.SoFlaBeachHomes.com
Do you know anyone who needs real estate advice? Please feel free to contact me.
Ariana, the first thing you need to do is get pre-qualified for a loan if you need one, so you know how much home you can afford. You want to get pre-qualified by a couple of lenders so you have more options. You want to be able to have FHA, HomePath and HomeSteps loans at your disposal as well as conventional. You can call Sean Stroud with New Penn financial at 954-850-0500 and William Ginty with Carrington Mortgage Services at 561-389-1582, they are both great at what they do. Once you are pre-qualified, then you can call me and I can create a customized MLS search just for you and I can also set you up with automated notifications so you can stay up to date and see the latest listings right in your inbox. I look forward to working with you.

Hermann Wiehls
Realtor Associate
Carrington Real Estate Services
Ph: 954-300-2BUY
3002buy@gmail.com
2950 W Cypress Creek Rd. Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
http://www.southfloridarealestateadvisor.com
Hello Ariana,
THe 2 things you should do are: talk to a lender and choose a good Realtor
I have you set up for homes. :)
Amy