Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Odilia, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

First time home buyer moving to JAX..Help!

Asked by Odilia, Philadelphia, PA Sat Mar 22, 2008

I need some insite on were I can find a GREAT 3bd, 2 bath single family home under 160,000. Is it possible?

Answers

9
This is definitely possible in several areas of Jacksonville. In planning your budget you will need to consider Homeowners Association fees, CDD fees, homeowners insurance, and property taxes. You will need to get preapproved for a loan and downpayment assistance. If you combine the H2H program with the Florida Bond program and get an FHA loan, you may be eligible for $24999.00 in down payment assistance as a first time home buyer. The interest rate will be approximately 6.5% if both programs utilized. In addition, if you close on your new home by Nov 30, 2009 you will also be eligible for the $8000 IRS income tax credit after closing.

If you will send me your email address I will forward a list of properties with 3/2 and under $160000 for you to preview.

Brenda Gravitt CRS, GRI
Coral Shores Realty
bkgravitt@gmail.com
bkgravitt@comcast.net
904-573-9638
Odilia

You can get a great place for 160,000 in this market. Prices here in Jacksonville are at rock bottom prices right now. It's the perfect time to take advantage of the market. There are several different areas here in Jacksonville for you to choose from. If you would like to read more about the different areas or search for homes and register for a property watch go to my website @ http://www.shondasauls.com. My website has a lot of great information that you may find useful. Happy house hunting.

Shonda Sauls,REALTOR®
Prudential Network Realty
Office (904)260-4300 #327
Mobile(904)962-6139
Shonda.Sauls@PrudentialNetworkRealty.com
Not to boast, but I consider my site one of the next in North Florida,
especially for a relocating jacksonville first time home buyer - http://www.firstcoastre.com
Web Reference: http://www.firstcoastre.com
Hi Odilia!

Following everyone elses advice would be great! Then you need to decide where in Jacksonville you'd like to live - near schools, activities, employment? Also, are you looking for a re-sell or a new home? I have lived here my entire life (boring, huh?). I know Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. Let me know when you're ready and I'll be happy to show you around!
Odilia,

You bet! In fact I have 3 of those listed right now. If Schools are important to you these are all in the best school districts too.

In addition, there are several others matching your criteria throughout the are. My buyer's agent is highly qualified for first-time buyer programs, in fact she is one of the instructors sponsored by the county to teach the first time buyer program the county puts on!

Check out our web site http://www.neflahomes.com and Welcome to JAX!

JD "Dan" Weisenburyger, GRI
Broker-Associate, REALTOR(r)
Vanguard Realty, Inc. GMAC Real Estate
(904) 553-0079
Web Reference: http://www.neflahomes.com
I believe Orange Park, on the southwest side of Jacksonville will have plenty of homes within your criteria and price range.
Hi Odillia,

I work in the Jacksonville real estate market and yes it is possible to get a 3br/2ba single family home under $160,000. I am very familiar with our market and what is available. If you have not selected an agent to work with, please give me a call at 904-465-3397 or you can email me at cindygavin@comcast.net. I can email you a list of available properties. You can get quite a nice house in certain areas of town for $160 and under! I have lived in the Jacksonville area for over 30 years and have been working in real estate for the past 7 years. We are definately in a "buyer's market" and now is a great time to buy! I hope to talk with you soon! Sincerely, Cindy Gavin, Broker-Associate, Realtor, Vanguard GMAC Real Estate Toll Free 866-558-0052
Odilia,
Marlene is correct the first step that will make everything else fall into place easier is to already have your lender picked out and be pre-approved for an amount. Besides any offer you wish to put in on a home you will need that letter showing that you can afford to actually buy the home. Secondly find yourself an experienced buyers agent in Jacksonville. I have lived there and it helps to have the right person guiding you. If you need some help I can refer you to a top agent in the area. You can start looking online through realtor.com and a number of other sites. But, an experienced agent in the area will be able to better serve you with insight into neighborhoods and other needs you may have. So if you like drop me a line. Hey at least it will be warmer then Philly ;-)
Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
larry.story@coldwellbanker.com
First of all, as a first time homebuyer, I would recommend that you get prequalified with a lender--many of them have programs to assist first time homebuyers with grant and bond money, and many builders have incentive packages right now to help you along. There is also rural housing programs depending on the location you want to be in. Contact at least three lenders--Countrywide, CB Mortgage, Suntrust Mortgage all have people who do well. Some banks don't want to bother with these programs. Once you are prequalified, you will know what price range to look in, and that is the first step to finding your GRET 3bd,2 bath single family home you want!!
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com