Home Buying in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Kelli Waligo…, Home Buyer in Grand Rapids, MI

First-time home buyer looking to buy in GR... where do I even start?

Asked by Kelli Waligorski, Grand Rapids, MI Sat May 31, 2014

I am seriously considering purchasing my first home in the GR area. I'm tired of renting and would like to start building equity now that I am at a place in life where things are stable. I have reliable income and good credit. I would LOVE to live in the East Hills area but I'm relatively open to anything.
I'm ready to commit... but where do I begin?

Answers

3
I work with many first time buyers in the Grand Rapids area. Since I'm a retired teacher many of my clients over the past 8 years have been younger teachers eager to buy in the down market. Prices have come back some, but with interest rates as low as they are it's still a great time to buy.

I would suggest you might contact your own bank/credit union mortgage department. Other options in this area they my clients have had success with are Lake Michigan Credit Union and Mortgage One. Contact me if you want specific loan officer names. I often go with first time buyers to their first mortgage appointment to help explain things to to be sure that the right questions are asked and answered.

There are homes available in the Midtown/East Hills/Eastown areas. As you can guess most are older and the price and condition will depend on the care and updating that have been done.

As a buyer a buyers agent costs you very little, $295, in my broker's case. The rest of the commission comes from the seller's side. All compensation is made only after a successful purchase has been made.

I'd be happy to work with you and help you buy that first home. Please contact me at the following:

Bob Trout, Realtor
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Michigan Real Estate
Cell: 616.240.1413
email: bobtroutrealtor@gmail.com
The first step is getting pre-approved for the mortgage. I am a mortgage specialist in Macomb, MI. I would be happy to take a brief application to get you a pre-approval to start looking for homes.

As soon as you have the pre-approval I have a few real estate agents in that area that will help you find a home.

Please call my cell phone, I can get you pre-approved today.

Derek Tunison
Sr. Mortgage Specialist
First Mortgage Corporation
Clinton Twp, MI 48038
NMLS 162605
When you want to buy a home the best place to start is to hire an EXCLUSIVE Buyer Agent, not just a Buyer's Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Contact http://www.naeba.org for a referral in your area.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home and get a mortgage without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 31, 2014