Ejensen100, Home Buyer in 60188

First-time home buyer looking to buy in Carol Stream, IL May/June 2013. Already polishing up finances, how far ahead can I meet with realtor to plan?

Asked by Ejensen100, 60188 Tue Mar 13, 2012

I believe the realtors have the real expertise because they've experienced it all. I would like to meet with someone now to make sure I'm preparing properly and to get a realistic idea of what kind of home we are working towards. Also, wanting to know if short sales or forclosures are to be considered if we are renters working with an ultimate deadline in order to be considerate to our landlord. We are wondering how far in advance a realtor would team up with us to make sure we're on the right track towards buying a home with them next year.

Answers

9
I specialize in First Time home buyers. I have been teaching First home buying classes for the Dupage Homeownership center now for many years. I also am available to do one on one buyer consultation and have a large package of information on the process that I do over. I am all about education. Buying a home is the single largest purchase you will ever make and having the best education on not only the process but costs & values are crucial. I have been helping buyers buy homes in the Western Chicagoland suburbs for over 21 years. I have listed & sold many homes in Carol Stream. I would advise to select a Realtor now & have your consultation lined up soon. Hope to hear from you. My direct line is 630-781-6383
I live in Carol Stream and have been here for 15 years. If you want me to show you around, i can. Feel free to call or text me at any time.
If you are still looking for a new home I am available to show you homes of the MLS.

Please call me to setup and appointment.
Web Reference: http://naomiLhome.net
If you have not committed to a Realtor yet take a look at 761 Hickory Lane. It is a very well-maintained two-story in the Fair Oaks neighborhood. It is FSBO. I put up some pics on Zillow.
Step 1. Call your lender and discuss current mortgage programs and a payment that you are comfortable with so we can establish a price range - If you don't have a lender, let me know and I can refer a great lender to you.
Step 2. Call me at 630-913-4181 and I will get you started on the MLS and start emailing you homes that fit in that price range.

Thank you
I am a Realtor that works AND lives in Carol Stream, and I would love the opportunity to tell you about this wonderful community. We have an award winning park district, great schools, and have convenient shopping and restaurants. Obtaining your financing is the best and critical 1st step to buying a home. Short sales can be lengthy, waiting for bank approval, and may not fit your timeline. However, foreclosures can be closed quickly and may give you an affordable opportunity. Please feel free to call me with any questions you may have, and I will be happy to show you all that Carol Stream has to offer.

Mary Kay Wright
Coldwell Banker
630-965-6098
You can meet with a Realtor any time to get a start with learning the process and gathering the information needed to make a good choice. You probably shouldn't start actually looking at homes until closer to your moving time. Around this time next year would be ideal for a May or June 2013 move. While prices could change between now & next year we can give you a good idea of what price ranges will get you in the area. My office is right in Carol Stream and my husband & I are Carol Stream residents for over 15 years. Call or email me to set up a day & time to stop in. Annette Akey, Prudential Starck, Carol Stream 630-213-5461 aakey@starckrealtors.com
Web Reference: http://www.I-H-R.com
Ejensen100: Congratulations to you on your decision to buy .. and to take steps to polish-up your finances. If you're projecting that you will be ready to make a move next year, now is not too early to be tackling these things. I would suggest if you have not already talked to a mortgage lender as part of your "polishing", that you do so immediately. A knowledgeable, experienced lender will be able to provide beneficial guidance and assistance in getting those scores as high as possible ... and typically that guidance and assistance will cost you nothing. Nor will their initial credit check/report. Once that portion of your home buying preparation has been completed, an agent will be better equipped to help you find the home you desire. They will know what you are financially capable of buying and under what financial circumstances/terms. The sooner you can do this, the better. Many times a professional well-versed in the area in which you hope to buy will be capable of responding immediately should a property become available.
You've definitely done yourself a great service by starting your home and financing pursuit this far out. Best of luck to you. Should you have questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to write again or contact me ...
Web Reference: http://www.genemundt.com
Please call me at 630-272-9309
I have plenty of experience in Carol Stream, I would love to help
Good idea to meet anytime to prepare you with all that has to be done.
I am with Koenig & Strey Real Estate with over 12 years of experience.
Web Reference: http://www.kujakhomes.com