Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Jon, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

First time home buyer...HELP!

Asked by Jon, Tampa, FL Tue Mar 12, 2013

We are in the early stages of looking for a home and currently rent in South Tampa but are looking to relocate by July 1st. At this point we are open to townhomes, single family homes, etc. We both currently work within about 2 miles of USF and are looking to live within a 10-15 mile radius of work. New Tampa, Temple Terrace, Dover, Thonotosassa, Seffner, etc. Feeling a little overwhelmed and just looking for some assistance!

Answers

13
Are you presently working with an agent?

Winston W. West
Also if you do not earn too much you may be able to get up to $7,500 to be used towards your downpayment and closing costs from the State of Florida Bond program. Send me an email and I'll forward the details. Money is available and you MUST work with an APPROVED lender so some Lenders(that are not approved to get the money for you) may tell you there is no money available but in fact there is plenty.
Hi Jon,

The market is "on fire" in Tampa Bay and as an example I listed a property on Monday and within 24 hours had multiple offers from ALL CASH investors above market value.

So if you need to obtain a mortgage you will be at a severe disadvantage because the house must appraise for the purchase price and the investors are bidding up virtually every property that makes sense as a rental property.

Even if you limit your search to properties only available to Owner-Occupant Buyers you will still be competing with at least 10 maybe as many as 20 other buyers within 48 hours of listing--unless you're planning to buy above $250k then you may have slightly less competition.

So you need an agile Realtor at your side that is able to show you the first day on the market so you do not miss out. Also be prepared and get a HomePath Mortgage preapproval letter if you're willing to pay "above" market value--you see a HomePath mortgage doesn't require an appraisal. Also HomePath is only available on Fannie Mae owned listing: http://www.HomePath.com

If you want to search "like a Realtor" and see the "real" availability of properties (active with contract are not available to actually buy) you're welcome to sign up for a free Listingbook account on my website: http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
Hi Jon,

It can be crazy to have all pieces of information and try to put it together yourself without any guidance. We can take the time to sit down with you and educate you in a simplified manner so that you can make the best decision for your family. We will also educate you about any down payment assistance programs that work directly with specific lenders. This will be important consultation for you guys so that you may enter the home search in a well prepared manner.

Once we are in agreement and have piece of mind of obtaining pre-approval, we can do the fun part of looking for the perfect home. Call us and let us know if we can be of some help.

Thanks.
Jon,

Our team would be glad to assist you. First what we need in order to set up a custom home search for you is to know the following:

1. Price Range
2. # Bedrooms and Bathrooms Preferred
3. Desired Living Space Square Footage
4. Do you have a pet or pets? Some associations restrict type and number of pets allowed so it will be important to know what type and size of pets you have.

The great thing about the MLXChange MLS system that our office uses is that our team is able to set up custom home searches that search a specific radius for homes that meet your criteria. Then we can either email you a link to access your own client website that you manage and can mark your favorites or set up your own custom searches. Or, if you prefer, we can just send you a link to view a particular home or a group of homes that meet your criteria. In addition, we can set you up to receive automatic email notifications when new homes become available.

And if you are planning on getting a mortgage and are not already set on who you will use for financing, I can help direct you to some great mortgage pros that our customers have used over the years.

Just email me the above information including your email and we can get started finding a great home at a great value for you.

Fred Strickroot
HomeNet
Lic. FL Real Estate Brokerage
727-478-8997
mybestfloridarealtor@gmail.com
Hello Jon

I graduated from USF and my office is also located in the USF area. Feel free to call me or email me and I will do my best to help you with this process.

Majid (Jay) Mirzai
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
(904) 501-8698
majid.mirzai@floridamoves.com
http://www.floridamoves.com/majid.mirzai
Hi Jon,
I work with 1st time homebuyers all the time and would be happy to assist you in the home qualifying and purchasing process. Feel free to contact me anytime. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Jenn Cook
Bahia Realty Group
813-810-7454
jenn@jenncook.com
You need to hire a Realtor, they will be able to walk you through the whole process and take the weight off your shoulders.
Web Reference: http://www.GetSoldOKC.com
-
-
Mortgage Broker Responding.

I'm from the Tampa Bay area orginally and unlike a realtor who may promote the area they sell in, I can I give you advice about any area.

In addition, I likely have the most financing options to offer. After reviewing these programs #4 and #5 below, please call me to go over loan options as well as the different areas in Tampa.

1) 100% LTV- VA - pay off debt at closing on a purchases too!
2) 100% LTV- USDA - 12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too!
3) 99% LTV- FHA
4) 97% LTV- NEW- No monthy MI or FHA 1.75% MIP Fee!
5) 95% LTV- NEW-No PMI!
6) 95% LTV- NEW-CONDO Loan
7) 90% LTV- NEW-No PMI -2nd Home
8) 90% LTV- New-Jumbo w/cc
9) 85% LTV- NEW- No PMI to Super Jumbo
10) 80% LTV- Rental Property

------------STATED INCOME ALT Loan programs-------------
11) 80% LTV- to Super Jumbo
12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop. – No min. credit!
13) 75% LTV-to Mega Jumbo
14) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals-to Super Jumbo
15) 75% CLTV-after Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure to Super Jumbo
16) 70% LTV- Hard Money to Jumbo
17) Lot Loans / Land Loans Too!

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
I am a direct lender and would be glad to help you with your pre-approval, answer any questions you have and walk you though your home buying process start to finish. My direct phone number is 727-421-1067, email mhelm550@vandykmortgage.com. I work way outside the usual 9-5 banking hours, and will always take your phone calls. Thanks so much. Maureen
Hi Jon,

The first thing is to get pre-approved by a lender to make sure that you will be ready with the required down payment and pre-approval. Once you find a home, in order to be able to submit an offer, a buyer has to provide a pre-approval or verification of funds is the purchase is cash.

This is a lender I recommend because of his 30 years plus experience.
Rob Pinion
Branch Manager
Office: 813-739-5337

You can view my client recommendations at http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-Tampa_F…

I have a few areas in mind. Please call me (813) 679-5307.

Good luck in your search, it is an amazing time to buy!
Jagaf22,

You need a Realtor to help. I have worked with many first time buyers and can help you through this exciting experience. Please review my profile on trulia and send me a message. Or call me directly at 813-352-6219. I can help you find a lender and answer your questions.

No pressure, just help.

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
Good Evening
I will be happy to help you. I live in South Tampa as well and went to USF. I do specialize in first time home buyers. Please call me at 813-624-3679 and I will be happy to help you through the entire process step by step.
Ken Allen
The Toni Everett Company
kennethallen78@yahoo.com