Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Saidu Koroma, Home Buyer in Southwest Raleigh, R...

First time home buyer

Asked by Saidu Koroma, Southwest Raleigh, Raleigh, NC Thu Jul 11, 2013

I want to buy a home in NC what are procedure in do that?

Answers

8
Good evening, Saidu:
The ideal home buying process is:
1. Make sure you have a job here that is similar to what you were doing in your current locaiton or if you are just graduating from school, that your employment is in the field as your degree.
2. Contact a lender and find out what they are willing to do for you (terms, interest rate, price, etc) and find out your middle credit score at the same time.
3. If you need to work on anything related to credit, start now and make improvements before you move.
4. Identify some of the basic features to get us started looking:
• Are you looking for New or Resale? If so, I can help you with both.
• Would you have to sell a home to complete this purchase?
• What are some of your "must haves" for your new home?
• Single family or multi family?
• Number of bedrooms
• Number of Baths
• Ideal square footage.
• Does year built matter?
• Does garage matter?
• Does yard size matter?
• What is your target price range per month? Price of home?
• How soon would you like to actually like to own a home?
• Do you want or need to be near any particular location(s)? Where do family live? Where is work?
5. Research homes that meet your needs, are priced for what you can afford and in your target location(s).
6. Note favorite homes so that you can see how few are coming on the market and how quickly they are selling.
7. We can usually find a home in a couple weekends do all the inspections, get the loan and be closing in 45 days – about 60 days total is fairly normal. I just had a client relocate from another state – they came and looked for three days straight, found a home and are closing in about 35 days. That was about the shortest one could expect. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Good afternoon Saidu,

First steps:

Meet in person with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for. Your Mortgage Banker will discuss the various loan programs, closing costs, and most important of all, monthly payment.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
You need to accomplish two things in order to be ready to buy a home. You need to start looking for and interviewing potential Buyer Broker candidates. I've attached a link below that will help you with finding an excellent Realtor regardless of where you're looking to buy.

Once you've selected a buyer broker they can offer you suggestions for lenders that would be a good fit for you. Not all lenders are good fits for all buyers and part of a good buyer brokers job is to be able to point their clients in the right direction. You want to get pre-approved so that you're in the strongest possible negotiating position when you do find the house you want.

I wish you the best of luck and happy house hunting.
Contact a realtor, such as myself and I can help you get in touch with lenders for prequalification and also run searches for your criteria to get things going. I work with buyers and it wouldn't cost you to use me for the process.

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
Hi Saidu,

The first step in the home buying process is to consult with a Realtor. Your Realtor should be able to refer you to a trusted lender that can then go over how much home you should be looking for. I would be happy to help you out.

Kelly
Saidu,

I work with a lot of first time home buyers and specialize in helping them find the right house. it can be a long and painstaking process if you do not have the right agent working for you.

The first thing you need to do is contact me. I will walk you through the process and help you along the way. I sell more homes to first time home buyers than I do to any other type of clients I work with. I love the opportunity to help you out.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
I love working with 1st time homebuyers and can guide you every step of the way, including help with financing recommendations, inspection recommendations, showing you great properties and more. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. In the meantime, please visit our website http://www.PropertiesinCharlotte.com, click on the tab "about us" and check out our reviews.

Debbie Arriero
ABR, AHWD, ASP, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, SFR, SRES, REALTOR
Serving the Charlotte area since 1990
Licensed in North & South Carolina

Arriero Realty, Inc.
P.O. Box 77283
Charlotte, NC 28271
Office: 704-451-3895
Fax: 704-321-2403
ArrieroRealty@gmail.com
Hello there!

I would love to assist you in your home buying process. I'm a real estate agent in North Carolina, and am more than qualified to bring you through this process.

Feel free to call or email me anytime :)

Michael Bowman
BENHAM Real Estate Group
704-490-5644
Mbowman@benhamrealestate.com