Home Buying in Sugar Land>Question Details

AP, Home Buyer in Sugar Land, TX

First time buyer interested in a single family home in Commonwealth / Colony Meadows Elementary. Is foreclosure a practical option ?

Asked by AP, Sugar Land, TX Fri Oct 19, 2012

What is the avg price for a 5 to 10 year old single family home

Answers

8
The homes in those neighborhoods sell from the high $200000 to over $500000. If you are looking for your first home in a nice neighborhood I would be happy to meet with you and look at all your options. I have been helping first time buyers in Sugar Land for over 30 years and would be happy to try to help you. Call and we can discuss.

Melvin Knesek, Broker for K2 Realty, Inc. 281-703-5307
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Use a Realtor there are a ton of questions required be answered determine "average price:

Not all foreclosures will pass inspection and you could be wasting $400 including the appraisal.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Thanks I am in process of getting pre approval.
Do you think it's possible to get an affordable (<$300k) home (3 to 4 bedroom) in top HISD school district.
Roberts elementary
River oaks elementary
I don't see any foreclosures in this section of Sugar Land. If you consider purchasing a foreclosed property, be aware that it may take longer to close on the property since you are working directly with a bank. So, if you have a strict deadline when to buy a house, foreclosure may not always be the best option. Either way, it's a good idea to get pre-approved prior to searching for homes so you know what you can easily afford.

I worked for the City of Sugar Land for nearly 4 years and love this area.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
I have access to down payment assistance grants for first time home buyers. 5% of the sales price to be used towards down payment/closing cost. No re-payment if you own the home for a minimum of 9 years. Contact me for more details.
AP,

Before you start looking at houses make sure you get your pre-aprroval letter to make putting an offer on the house you want easier and more appealing to the seller. Sugar Land is a great area, Ilived there for about 7 years. If you need a pre approval letter contact me and I can get you one ASAP.
I currently do not see any foreclosures zoned to Colony Meadows Elementary and only 2 active listings for that section. They range from the $320,000 - $360,000, approximately $105-115 a square foot.
There are other active listings in Commonwealth that are in the Commonwealth Elementary school area.
Most of the homes in this location were built in 1989-1992.
Please email me for more information and a list of the current properties for sale. This is a popular area and the inventory is limited.

Thanks for the question about our great Sugar Land area.
Right now there are no foreclosures zoned to those schools. As to what the average price is for a 5- 10 year old home would depend on size and neighborhood. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact at 832-863-3287 or by email at natalie.aggarwal@kw.com