Home Buying in Stroudsburg>Question Details

Terri, Home Buyer in Hempstead, NY

First time Home buyer looking to buy a house in Stroudsburg, PA and commute Brooklyn, NY to work. How is the commute by car and public transportation?

Asked by Terri, Hempstead, NY Fri Aug 10, 2012

Answers

5
It is horrid don't do it unless you are planning to retire soon...
Not to mention bus tickets can cost you $500/ month
I don't know why this cam in as a new question. Let me know if you need some help.
Thann,
John is correct. The bus also frees you up for some time to read or catch up on some work. I commuted for almost 13 years and drove by muself and that is not for everyone. It is a trip, although I never regretted it to put my family in a home we could afford. We love the Poconos area and you will too. We made our home in Tannersville. 13 miles from the DWG Bridge to my door.
Best to you and your Family!
ED :).
It depends what hours you are working & where in Brooklyn. I moved here 26 years ago from Bay Ridge. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. On off hours I could make Bay Ridge in 1.25 to 1.75 hours.
Many workers use Martz Bus service. Here is their schedule and arrival & departure points: http://www.martztrailways.com/schedules-from-stroudsburg-dwg.asp. As far as driving a vehicle it is a 90 minute plus commute and varies with weather & accidents. It would benefit you to find some car poolers to share the drive & the expense$$$.