Stephanie So…, Home Buyer in 90266

First time Home Buyer

Asked by Stephanie Sobiech, 90266 Wed Jun 13, 2012

I am in the beginning stages of looking to by my first house. Are there any kind of events or classes to take to learn a bit more about how things work?

Answers

7
You can call me and I will be happy to go over everything you should do to get started.

Brent Chipeska
Shorewood Realtors
310.374-1178
Hello Stephanie,

We will have a First time home buyer seminar TODAY (14th) from 6-7:30. The even is free and please call (310)465-2365 to register. The seminar is presented by

RPM Mortgage/Martello Green Team

23670 Hawthorne Blvd, #100

Torrance, CA 90505
Please tell them I sent you.

Best of luck,
DJ Bonner
djbonner@kw.com
562-572-4203
I have designed my website http://www.maureenmegowan.com to provide the first time home buyer with all of the information they need to understand the entire buying process. I have separate pages on my website ( under the drop down menu labeled "Buyer/Seller Info" ) for understanding the purchase contract, financing your home, income tax issues, the escrow process, buyer paid closing costs, and much more. Google recognizes my web site as one of the most authoritative and informative web sites for realtors in the south bay. If you google "South Bay Real Estate" you will find my web site as the 2nd listing on the first page of your search results.

I have also worked extensively with first time home buyers and would be happy to lead you through the process.
Hi Stephanie,

I would suggest you always begin with a Loan Officer/Mortgage Broker- maybe at your local bank (if you do not know someone, I can always refer you to a competent person). After that, we will know what your actual buying power/potential is. I have lived in the area my entire life and know all the properties in town. I happen to have a duplex listing at the moment that represents a great opportunity for a first time buyer/owner occupied opportunity to live and own in Manhattan Beach for monthly payments that are comparable to rent (under $,3000/mo when factoring in the income from the second rental unit). Let me know what you are looking for and how I may be able to help you with my 40 years experience in the local area.

All the Best,

Walt
NW Real Estate Brokers
310-345-7350
Stephanie,
We do offer First Time Home Buyer seminars periodically out of our office. If we don't have enough people to have a seminar, then I can still sit down with you and give you a Home Buyer Information Package. I will answer your questions, give you study material, start you with good referral conatcts, etc.

Due to the nature of the current distressed market, we also need to discuss the pros and cons of buying short sales, bank owned properties, or standard sales.

Call me to set up an appointment.

Michael Magaw
310.259.6850
m@nhlbrokers.com
Hi Stephanie,

Chris is right that your best resource is going to be an agent that is both experienced in the areas you're interested in as well as an agent that works with many first time home buyers. You'll want someone that will guide you through the process, someone that you communicate well with and perhaps most importantly, someone that you feel has your best interests in mind. I have a series of articles on my website that may help but the topics are geared towards a pretty broad audience, but it just may be a good place to start.
I would suggest you meet and speak with an experienced agent. The purchase of your first home can be a bit overwhelming. An experienced agent can educate you as well as walk you through the home buying process. I would be happy to answer any of your questions you may have. I have been selling real estate in Manhattan Beach for over 20 years, as well as having lived in this great city my whole life. Good luck to you in purchasing your first home!