Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

Cavine, Home Buyer in Bel Air, MD

Finding someone to hold a mortgage or manufactured home loan for me

Asked by Cavine, Bel Air, MD Wed Jul 4, 2012

I'm in the process of selling my home as a Short Sale. This has been ongoing for almost 3 years. The bank thwarts every attempt at selling. I've lost 6 or 7 contracts due to the banks refusal to work with the buyers. I declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2008. The home was part of the proceedings. I tried to stay in the house but an attempt at HAMP put the screws on staying there. Rather than foreclose, I'd rather see the house sold as a Short Sale. I do have a lien against me from the HOA, but will be satisfied when either the house is foreclosed on or sold. I've build my credit score up to just about 700, just leased a new car for 39 months and have been renting for the last almost 3 years. I'd like to purchase a manufactured home in an adult community in my area, but I lack a down payment and someone to hold a mortgage for me. If anyone knows of someone who would do this, I be eternally grateful. I have a real estate attorney.