Home Buying in Mansfield>Question Details

crutchfield88, Home Buyer in Arlington, TX

Filed Bankruptsy March 2007....In July 2012 my student loans read past due, I tried to pre-qualify for a mortgage and Citi says denied

Asked by crutchfield88, Arlington, TX Tue Jan 7, 2014

My dti and hti look great. However my pre-qualifcation for an fha loan failed because of my chapter 7 in 2007 and two delq reports from my student loans in 2012. Is there any hope of buying a home in March? Im trying to fight those student loan reports because I was actually in school at the time and had a deferment. My Fico is 640.

Answers

6
FHA has shortened the length in which it takes to be eligible for a home after bankruptcy. I also have a lease with right to purchase program that can get you into the home you want NOW and give you three years to assume a mortgage. Feel free to contact me for further details.
There is hope! Just spoke to a loan officer and told her your situation. She said your BK isn't an issue because it is more than 2 yrs old. She also said that she can assist you on getting that corrected on your credit reports. Your score is where it needs to be to qualify just need to update and correct your student loan information. I'll be more than happy to email you the loan officer's information. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you!

Make it a Great Day!

Tamika A. Goree
Broker | Owner
The DFW Property Shop
Cell: 972.697.1178
Fax: 972.665.7148
Email: tamika.goree21@gmail.com
It's really going to depend on your other tradelines. Do you have 3 or more tradelines over a year old? If this is the case and you're current on everything else you may be OK. http://www.todaylending.com
I'm not a financial person. I recommend calling Debbie Khadivi at Cendera Funding 469 939 3982 or Kevin Copher at Service First Mortgage 817 330 0542. Either one can give you great advice over the phone. Tell them Mike Williamson with Century 21 Judge Fite sent you.
If the student loans are current now, you may be able to qualify. The BK is more than 2 years old, and your credit score is OK with the right lender. (Stay away from the big banks) Give me a call for a lender recommendation and to discuss your homebuying preferences. I specialize in Arlington, Mansfield and South Grand Prairie. You can search for homes at http://www.homesbyphil.com.
Talk to a local mortgage broker, the big box lenders may not be able to help. Good luck !
Web Reference: http://sellquickAZ.com