brandy23_32, Home Buyer in Lawrenceburg, IN

Fiancé and I wanting to buy a home, but credit scores are low what options do we have?

Asked by brandy23_32, Lawrenceburg, IN Sun Jun 23, 2013

My fiancé and I are wanting to buy a home. We have been renting for awhile and figure we are ready to buy a home together to start a family. However, we both have low credit scores mine is 575 and his is about the same. Mine though is low because of a few cc that I maxed out and then got hurt at work and was on workers comp and wasn't able to keep up with the payments. I do have an auto loan that I have never been late on and been paying on it the past 2 yrs and I also have student loans but they are deferred because I am still currently in school. We both have solid jobs/ employment and make decent money. I recently got a settlement for $20,000 and about half of that is in our savings for a home loan problem is we have no idea where to start! We aren't asking for no more than around $90,000 for a home. Please help us any insight would be great! Thank you!