Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Nchellwms, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Family of 6 looking at a corporate relo to Atlanta by January 2013 leaving small town Mississippi

Asked by Nchellwms, New York, NY Thu Sep 27, 2012

What areas provide great schools, access to family oriented activities, whole food markets, but llimited on the culture shock. DH will be working in downtown Atlanta. Oh yeah must have neighborhood pool Price range 350,000~425.000. No little bitty lots. Leaving 10 acres.

Answers

7
Hi Nchellwms,

As long as sizable lot and neighborhood pool are "must haves", City of Milton (North Fulton) might be your destination. Excellent schools, family activities, newer homes, can find lots over an acre and still have neighborhood pool. Commute to downtown might be the only downside (45min - 1 hour). Take a look homes at Kensington Farms, Wyndham Farms, The Highlands (new construction), Laurel Grove neighborhoods.

Roswell would be a great location but finding a lot over an acre would be a challenge.

Majority of Dunwoody subdivisions don't have neighborhood pools.

Would love to learn more about all "must haves" and "good to haves" of your future home. Feel free to call or email me at your convenience.

Cordially,

Veronika Barash, Realtor®

RELOCATION SPECIALIST

CERTIFIED SKILLED NEGOTIATOR

REO & SHORT SALE CERTIFIED

CERTIFIED MARKETING SPECIALIST
I like Roswell for you, but please come look at northern Decatur.

Working downtown and living Intown is ideal - with a family of six there are some larger lots and houses in wonderful neighborhoods with neighborhood pools in the top end of your price range.
Web Reference: Http://intowninsider.com
As you can see, most agents agree East Cobb, Dunwoody, Roswell offer some of the best school choices and reasonable access to down town. For homes built after 1980 lot sizes tend to be 1/8-1/3 acre. Some homes built in the late 60's to early 70's are on 1/2 to 2 acre lots but these are hard to locate. With the exception of a handful of subdivisions with large lots, neighborhood pool/tennis is almost mutually exclusive.

I've been a local REALTOR for 33 years, feel free to give me a call to assist you focus on a particular area.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
RE/MAX Hall of Fame – REALTOR Phoenix Award
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, CIAS, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Investor Agent Specialist
Certified Internet Professional
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
Hello Nchellwms, thank you for your inquiry and welcome to Atlanta! Several communites that would meet some of your criteria, i.e. schools, lot size, pool, etc. come quickly to mind! If you
would be willing to provide your email address, I can send you examples of some of these.

I am a Buyer's Agent and would welcome the opportunity to help you in your search for a new
home if you are not under contract w/another agent. With just a few questions, we can start
you in the right direction in your home search.

My contact information is below. Please feel free to email/text or phone me.

I look forward to your reply and to assisting you.

Sincerely

Elizabeth 'Beppy' Walton, Realtor
ASP, CFIS, DPP
Keller Williams
C/404 234 9418
beppyswalton@gmail.com
What a great adventure for your family! Atlanta is a great place to be with kids because there is so much to do. We have have ages 26-20!

If you would like to bounce ideas off me, I would love to help. Having lived here for 32 years I have a pretty good handle on the metro area.

Sarah Mercer Chatel
404-784-4871
FB: Atlanta Homes of Harmony
FB: 365 Fun Things To Do In Atlanta
http://www.sarah-sells.com
You may want to check out the schools in East Cobb; some of the best in the State; Walton, Pope & Lassiter are most sought after High Schools in the area. Also very easy access to down town via I-75. Here's a link for school info: http://www.gaosa.org
The following communities come to mind:
Dunwoody
Chamblee
Decatur
Briarcliff/LaVista/Clairemont area
Northlake/Henderson Mill area

In each of these communities you can find nice homes on decent-size lots, good schools, real farmers' markets, and great neighborhoods with kids, pools, and lots going on. The downtown commute would not be bad at all-- less than 30 minutes-- from any of these locations.

If the downtown worker does not mind a longer commute-- 45+ minutes--- you can get more for your money if you go into the suburbs of Fulton, Cobb, or Gwinnett Counties.

I'd be glad to help!
Sherrie Crow
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
404-790-8184