Toni, Home Buyer in Georgia

Family friendly subdivision recommendations in...

Asked by Toni, Georgia Thu Jul 22, 2010

We currently own in Gwinnett and have been looking for a home online in the South Forsyth County area for awhile now and have found lots of great neighborhoods. However, it seems that all the websites claim to be "family friendly", but only a handful that truly seem so. We have young kids (2 and 5) and do drive thrus all the time looking for things like swingsets, trampolines, children's bikes or any other evidence that there are alot of children in the neighborhood. It's not as easy or as evident as I thought it would be.

So my question to all of you is... What would be your recommendation for a modestly priced true family friendly neighborhood? I'm trying to find something that is full of young children for my kids to play and grow up with. Looking for 4bed/2bath with basement or would consider a 5bed/2 bath w/no basement in South Forsyth in the price range up to 250k (we like the Big Creek and Sharon Elementary area). Open to foreclosures as well. Thank You!!

Answers

5
Hi I am a Realtor with a 6 year old and a 4 year old. My children like to play outside on mild days,on the weekends and after they eat there dinner. You may want to drive by during those times.
Hello Toni
You may also want to look into the school systems in the area you are looking for. Example would be that well rated schools generally have well established subdivisions neer them. Homebuyers tend to buy near schools that have high achievement ratings well rated schools. I will attach a link to a realtor that is familiar with what are you are looking for.
Good luck and I hope this helps.
Hi Toni,

I agree with Robert about how you are going about seeking the right neighborhood for your family. You are right on target. Toni, because we have been experiencing extremely HOT tempertures you may not see too many children at play. I recommend driving by neighborhoods with swimming pools early in the morning or in the evenings when it's just a little cooler and the sun isn't as intense.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you and your family in finding the right home that will suit your needs. I can be reached at 770-617-3982 anytime.

Thanks for your time,
Ita Borrero
Hi Toni,

You are actually going about it the right way - forget the website hype and other peoples opinion - you have to go to the neighborhood to see how you personally like it, and if you are trying to determine if it is family friendly - whatever that means to you, the best thing to do is go by a few time a day - drive by the pool and see if and how many kids are there - thats how I selected my neighborhood - I wanted some 10 -14 year olds and found a great family neighboorhood by driving by the amenities and talking to owners!

I assume $250K is your upper price range - if so have you looked at these swim/tennis neighborhoods in those particular school districts: Saddlebrook Glen, Springmonte, Glenmoor, Ashton?

I would be happy to help you locate the ideal neighborhood and set you up on an automated email Home Finding Gateway once I have a highly refined idea of what you seek. I offer a range of unique buyer protections and diligent services to make your job easier, protect you, and assure a sound investment.

Our Wise Buyer Program provides over $5000 worth of free home structural and major systems analysis in addition to top buyer representation. There is nothing else like it in Atlanta - with this system you are more informed because you know what you are buying Before you ever submit your offer! That approach has many significant benefits - for more information, see the site below.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions - I hope to hear from you soon!

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspection Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
Can you define "modestly priced" in terms of $, Toni? There are plenty of great neighborhoods in South Forsyth, but having a price range will simplify things a great deal. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.SellsRealty.org