Juan B, Home Buyer in Forest Hills, NY

Fairfax building in Forest Hills, NY

Asked by Juan B, Forest Hills, NY Tue Mar 26, 2013

Hi, does anyone have any insight about the soundproofing between floors at the Fairfax building? I'm not concerned with the side walls because I'm looking at a corner unit but I'm quite sensitive to noise and I'd like to know if you can hear your neighbor's TV, walking, etc

Answers

4
Since noise level tolerance is subjective, if at all possible, why not consider a re-visiting the unit at a time when the neighbors may be home....
As an attorney representing buyers and sellers in Forest Hills for many years, I have not heard any complaints. That being said, I must say that every individual's tolerance to noise is subjective and different.
As a broker who sold a few units in The Fairfax, I can say it is a well maintained and insulated building. Although any building with wood floors is not quite "soundproof" and that's why there is the carpet rule. At least I haven't heard any noise complaints from my customers. If you want to test it, go to the unit on a Sunday evening and try hearing your neighbors. Good luck!
The subfloors are very good you really don't hear any noise.
If you would like a walk thourgh please give me a call.
Fajardo delacruz
347 932-0609
As an agent who has sold several coops in the building, it is on one of the best, quietest blocks in Forest Hills and a very well constructed, doorman building. It is also on a one way street that is not really the main street for traffic so noise should not be a problem. It is conveniently 1.5 blocks to 196 elementary school and Queens Blvd/express subway without being noise effected by either. A very good choice as buildings go!
Flag Tue Jan 7, 2014