Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Gklong1, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA


Asked by Gklong1, San Jose, CA Thu Aug 16, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Mike is correct, since we don't know the property we can't look it up for you. Just email me with the address and why you want to know the owner's name and I'd be happy to help.
At your service,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
Good question! Any reliable Title Company can provide a report normally called a "Property Detail" that provides this information.Normally, this is available only to Licensed professionals. If you still need this please conact a Local Real Estate agent in your area. Please feel free to contact me if you are unsuccesful and I will be happy to assist you! Mike 951.490.3518
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
Hi Gklong1,

The answers you are receiving are very good. If you have a Realtor they can get that for you very quickly. I am able thru my title company to get that info on line 24 hours a day when ever I may need it. Your other choice is to go down to the county records office and do it yourself.

Good Luck,

Jim Guido,

Realty World/Blue Property Group
Cell: 408-472-2074
Email: jim@jimguidorealtor.com
Website: http://www.jimguidorealtor.com
DRE# 00700635
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
Hi Gklong1 and thanks for your post.

You have a couple of methods to find the name of a homeowner of a property:

1. Contact your favorite Realtor and he/she can look this information up for you.
2. Contact the County Assessor's Office for Santa Clara, provide them with the address and they will give you the name and mailing address of the homeowner.

Both are pretty easy methods to obtaining the information that you want.

In case you don't get what you need, you can also check for deed information, as Bob Clark suggested. California doesn't have a "Registry of Deeds" department--although I do rather fancy that name, but we do have a Recorder's Office for the county where deeds and other public documents are "recorded" and made public knowledge, so you can check with the recorder's office if you need information that the Assessor cannot provide.

Good luck!
Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
You can always contact the registry of deeds in the County that the property is located in. Most of these are online now and you can look up the Deed if you have a bk and page number.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
Thank you Gkong for your question.

Mike and Allyson are correct. You should ask the REALTOR who represents your interests for that information.

If you do not have a REALTOR who represents your interests, then I recommend that you look up that information at The County Recorder's Office.

Thank you,
Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer