Voices Member,  in

FICO score of 700, income of $53k, Single, 25, looking to purchase first home in solano co by March 2011, are there grants avaliable for down payment?

Asked by Voices Member, Tue Dec 21, 2010

FICO score of 700, income of $53k, Single, 25, looking to purchase first home in solano co by March 2011, are there grants avaliable for down payment assistance? I have about $5k avaliable, but understands that the more i put down the better. Looking to purchase a home in the 100k to 130k range.

Answers

4
Windermere Rowland Realty’s answer
Yes there is currently money available up to 3% you only need to contribute 1% of the purchase price yourself

100k loan meams all you bring in is $1000 , we do this all the time, we do work in Solano County.
Feel free to contact me at
510-222-9150

Mike Rowland
Windermere
Consider visiting with any qualified loan officer(s), after reviewing your overall financials and credit, he/she can make a determination on qualification, the type of loan, how much, any applicable grants, etc., then go from there....
Your best bet is to meet with a local and trusted mortgage broker, be very careful of what you post online or the info you gove to strngers online, meet face to face with a reputable loan officer. they can prequailify you at no cost, they will look at your credit plus your financials and let you know if there are any programs that you may quailify for.

Please see my blog for tips and advice on obtaining a mortgage in todays market
There are 1st time home buyer programs where some of the local cities and counties have down payment assistance. I also have a great one that is only available in California. It was a low down payment of 1% and comes with a rate of 3.875% 30year fixed. Need a min score of 620. I believe your income will meet the income limits for that county. Solano county limit for this program is up to 65K for 1 person in household. 1st time home buyer is technically someone who has not owned a home in the last 3 years. I would be more then happy to qualify you for this program. Feel free to call or email.

Jeremy Willis
Allied Financial
916-221-3766 Office
916-230-4318 cell
jeremy@alliedfinancialmtg.com