Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

mc3318, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

FHA/VA approval verification

Asked by mc3318, Chicago, IL Thu Feb 28, 2013

looking to confirm a property is va/fha approved. from recent experience, the govt website to confirm is unreliable at best . before i've found folks on here who were able to provide specific info on a property. any takers??

Answers

8
Your lender is probably the best source to find the answer, but then confirm by having your agent contact the HOA and ask.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 1, 2013
Have your agent find it. Also ask your lender, they can as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2013
Your Realtor is able to help you find what you are looking for. Are currently working with a Realtor? If not, call or email me to schedule a meeting.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2013
Dear Mc3318,

If you're looking to purchase a condominium property and it must be approved prior to your purchasing there, you can work with a lender who can get the association in question approved via your regular loan approval process (even if they're not currently and/or never have been FHA/VA approved in the past).

I'd suggest contacting Sam Sharp at Guaranteed Rate. I've had past success with their company in getting non-FHA approved buildings approved for my buyers. Sam can be reached at:

sam.sharp@guaranteedrate.com
312-217-4030 (cell)
773-290-0455 (off).

Christopher Thomas
Broker Associate, Keller Williams Realty Chicago Consulting Group
716 E. 47th St. Chicago, IL 60653
(773) 770-5947 (cell) (312) 577-0985 (fax)
cthomas@kw.com
http://www.myagentchris.kwrealty.com
Think about it.... if a HOA qualifies yesterday, how long will the approval last in a down economy? A diligent agent for a serious buyer could ask a seller for the latest advisory from their HOA. Also assess the attitude of the owners for maintaining approval. Often the owners do not see the benefit of same to help future buyers. Often the delinquency ratio on HOA fees can be excellent one month and quickly go south due to local conditions, layoffs, etc. Go direct, ask the owner first, then the HOA. See the value of a good agent?
Contact Mary Kay with Guaranteed Rate 773-516-6859. She has a comprehensive list.
What is the legal name of the condo association and zip code? I will let you know if it is FHA and VA approved.

Steve Stenger
President
Condo Approval Professionals LLC
847-293-2962
4422 N. Ashland has had their FHA approval expire. It would need to be recertified in order to offer FHA financing. I can help!
Flag Mon Mar 4, 2013
All I have is the address, not sure if it's the legal name. 4420 N Ashland #1E 60640.
Thanks!
Flag Fri Mar 1, 2013
https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm

Try this website to see if a condo complex is FHA Approved.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDLOANS.com